1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who own a Wilson CQB Compact, what do you think of it? Are you pleased? If so, why? If not, why? Any thoughts and opinions are welcome. I had looked into a new Colt Commander XSE, but the Wilson caught my eye.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a compact Protector and couldn't be happier. I actually shoot it better than my full sized Protector. I'm sure the CQB should perform similarly.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Ivanhoe, I bought the Wilson CQB Compact from Allan Yoast. For it's size, I really enjoy the gun. I would highly recommend it. It's got the quality of the Wilson, a very cool color pattern in the olive and black, and easy to conceal. Shoots very well, feels very nice in the hand.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Some people will tell you (some people in this forum)that some Wilsons are not 100% reliable.My KZ 45 is a perfect example.Another guy with a CQB will probaly tell you the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
1,879 Posts
As far as reliability issues. I comment from retailing well over 500 of the custom 1911 and about 2000 (not me the guy I work for) of the production 1911's.

My observation is NOTHING is 100% and do not expect it to be. We as shooters reduce the chance by quality equipment (gun/mag), ammo, technique (operator problems).

My retail operation and the one I work for over the long term and I emphasize, long term (which equate to not one or two guns shot and owned), have had more reliability issues from the competition.

I have found though that most of the "reliabiity" issues are operator in origin. As with one model of gun in particular.

Very, Very, Very, few folks who bring a gun back will admit they or the operator is the problem. There is that I took it to a gunsmith. Mostly it was I shot factory ammo. Yea, right. Some plastic bag at retailed 50 round for $5.

Shooting so called factory, not recommended or some friends reloaded ammo before the gun was broke in or some other thing.

Ammunition or a brand is recommended for a reason. The reason may be a marketing deal or it may be the simple fact that again the ammunition recommended works, has a long history of working and maintaining standards.

Several problems were a tweek on the magazine follower where a piece of plastic flash got caught in the follower or the metal follower tracked out of the mag.

Yes, there were a few gun problems.

Now keep in mind the "reliability" issue is not every second gun. One out of several hundred will cause a complaint and after too many years in the retail firearms business I have seen way to many "Trade In" that were "stated never shot (pure Barbara Striesand)."

I have had several reliability issues with used guns bought as new and brought to me to "correct" the problem with another best pricer who wanted me to bail them out.

I do not mean to cloud a simple question you asked

But I hope this helps.

Be safe

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

You get what you pay for front end or back end.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Love it! and so does everyone that gives it a try.

·
Registered
731 Posts
One of my shooting buddies recently got his CQB. Before the Wilson, he was shooting a Colt Combat Commander. He is shooting a LOT better with the CQB. Part of the increase may be attributable to the move to the 5" barrel, but I think a lot of it is due to the gun.

I've shot it a few times--VERY sweet. I'd buy one if I had the money.

Billy Ray

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll be picking up my compact CQB in a couple of weeks. I already have a full size Protector and think that it is the finest gun I have ever owned. The fit and finish are PERFECT.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Ivanhoe,
From Terry Peter's post, you should also realize that he is the guy you should call to purchase a CQB Compact if he has one in stock. If not, then Allan Yoast. When you get advice and information like that on a forum, you know who should be the source of acquisition. Understanding quality of customer service is just as important as quality of product. So you got two valuable answers for the price of just one question.......

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts