Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Neither?

Votes: 2 3.9%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Posted this poll at the "other" 1911 site too and just wanted to get your advice on a choice matter. I have narrowed my two choices down to a Wilson CQB or a Nighthawk GRP - both full size. Which would you choose between these two? Please share your reasoning if you wish. Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am really impressed with the quality of my Nighthawk. It feels serious in my hands. Wilson makes a great product also.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm not going to say the NiteHawk is a bad gun / but I have 4 Wilson's now and every one of them right out of the box has run flawlessly.

The fit and finish on my Wilson's are exceptional ( I have a CQB blued in .45acp with the armor tuff finish on it / 3 Protector models all stainless one in 9mm, a .40 and a .45 acp) all full size - and the service from Wilson Combat in general has been first class. I have no complaints on any of their guns.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have two Wilson's, a CQB and Classic Super Grade. I also have a NH, the Predator II. I think both are excellent builders, but give the slight edge to Wilson. I do want a full size Nighthawk though. I plan on getting either a Talon or Dominator.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
can't lose

Wilson has been at it longer, but the Nighthawk guys are ex-Wilson, so you cannot 'lose'.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
The nighthawk GRP is the only high end 1911 I've ever shot, but if I was going to buy one it would probably be a wilson...I dunno, I guess I like their style better. There is no good reason for my "loyalty" in this case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts