1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious - I bought a CQB a while back and it is the A-A w/speed chute and its black/grey. I paid $1720 for the thing. My buddy who is buying the same model - black/OD - is paying at least $200 more from another dealer - does this sounds right?

Did prices go up? Just lookin' out for him. Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think if you look around enough you will find the price may vary significantly.

Some dealers sell exclusively at retail and some will discount.

I also believe that discounts may be easier to find as the market seems to be saturated to some degree with the CQB's.

I would suggest that you have your friend find a stocking dealer and negotiate a price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Local Dealer

I just ordered a CQB for about $100 more from my local dealer, than I could have bought it for on the internet. I trust the net, but I'm also interested in a long term relationship with my local gun dealer/sporting goods store. I can't expect to pay bottom price on guns, and then turn around and expect him to be there, and do things for me. YMMV

·
Registered
84 Posts
My local Wilson Master Dealer just notified me that the prices will be going up about $125 at the beginning of the new year (at least here in California).

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, so CQB's are like BMW's. They can sell them at retail price since demand is so high???

I found my receipt for my CQB A-A w/speed chute. $1710 to be exact. My friend says this one shop is "up-charging" for the speed chute. I never heard of this. He wants to take my receipt and show this shop how much I paid for it but I said no. That's not cool. Plus what do they care? The shop where I bought it from no longer sells Wilsons because of lack of sales (if you can believe that). But they do have a used one for $1050. It is a black one. But my friend doesn't want used.

He told me the shop also has a Black/Grey CQB w/rail and speed chute, ambi saftey for $1950. Outrageous.

I guess I bought my CQB at the right time. So my bud might go the Les Baer route now. He says for the price he'd rather buy a Baer. Hey to each his own. I told him to get the Ed Brown Kobra in two tone if he doesn't want to buy the CQB - they are the same price.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ol1911:
FYI: The "Blended" Speed Chute factory option retails at $150 for the upgrade (#W211SC).

·
Registered
27,691 Posts
ol1911 said:
The shop where I bought it from no longer sells Wilsons because of lack of sales (if you can believe that). But they do have a used one for $1050. It is a black one. But my friend doesn't want used.
I wonder how used it is. Is your friend going to shoot his? Of course, it will be "used" the first time he fires it. And with Wilson's customer service, it sounds like the pistol in the case is a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KB said:
ol1911:
FYI: The "Blended" Speed Chute factory option retails at $150 for the upgrade (#W211SC).
Really???? I did not know. My CQB has the blended speed chute but I still paid $1710. Maybe the shop where I bought it from did not know? Or maybe I don't know something :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts