1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wilson’s are built on Jericho frames and slides. Gunsite’s aren’t. (They are built from Springfield’s frames and slides)

People who I know who run ranges where a lot of shooting occurs (Gunsite, M.I.S.S, Thunderranch, etc) say that Springfields break more often than Jerichos (Kimbers & Wilsons)

I don't know why.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I thought i read on Gunsites website that they were using Caspian frames and slides now-a-days.. I don`t remember which one the (GS marksmen I) is.. They make one that has little work done other than a reliablity package, but i remember reading about one in the price range of Baers and Wilsons, that one should be on par with any of custom production pieces.. -Gilmore

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a CQB and a Gunsite GSP2000. They are both excellent and reliable guns. I don't have any cons except the price of the Wilson. Personally I cannot tell a great deal of difference between them. I imagine more sophisticated shooters can. I really wanted a CQB and am very happy with it, but from a pragmatic standpoint, I couldn't justify paying two times what I paid for the GSP2000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts