1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
How about some more info like...how you intend to use it or exactly what are you looking for in a gun.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
You cannot go wrong with the Wilson. Fantastic pistols and company. The Baers are good, but I feel that the Wilson has the edge overall.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The SRP has the Bear Coat finish, which is miles above Wilson's Armor Scuff, at least that's the rumor. Also, Baer is a quality lunatic. Go with the Baer. Better sights, better fit, better finish.<p>Get the Baer. I wish I could afford one.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have one of each model. Here's my take:
Wilson CQB
- armor tuff finish is really bad and comes off very easy.
- dehorned and better for defensive type shooting where you will be doing alot of clearing and reloading drills.
- I like the slide serrations better.
-I'm a lefty and the CQB did not come with an ambi safety.
-extremely reliable gun that has never let me down and has fired anything I have loaded in it.

SRP
- bearcoat finnish is very durable and far superior to Armor tuff
- the gun still has a few sharper edges than the CQB and the slide serrations are too fine for my taste
- the SRP came with an ambi safety and that was nice for me as a lefty.
- it is very tight and well made.
-also an extremely reliable gun and very dependable.

The differences in these two guns are in the small details. Both guns are very well made, very reliable, and worth the money. I must be honest and say that if I could only have one of these guns, it would be the CQB. I can't really give a reason why. I just know that I somehow shoot better with the CQB. When I go to a class for training, I take both guns. The first gun I use is the CQB. The SRP is in the bag as a backup gun.
Either gun is fine choice and I feel lucky to have one of each.

[This message has been edited by Robe (edited 08-05-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts