1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
I haven't, though typically springs are designed to match up with a particular follower. I suspect you could probably use a Wilson spring and follower, but a Wilson spring may not match to a Tripp follower. I haven't tried it, so it still may work.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
No. Don't see any reason to either. Tripp springs have been out-performing Wilsons ever since Tripp has been in business.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just put Tripp springs and followers in both of my mags and they work perfect. I am going to buy dirt cheap mags from now on and rebuild with Tripp springs and followers.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Glock has been using flatwire recoil springs for decades and switched to round wires the last few years in their Gen4 models. it is no miracle spring

·
Registered
13,379 Posts
Glock has been using flatwire recoil springs for decades and switched to round wires the last few years in their Gen4 models. it is no miracle spring
The flatwire mag spring is. At least in our testing. Its actually really square wire, not flat like Glock recoil spring.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone tried the Wilson flat wire magazine spring in a Tripp 8rd .45 mag?

I tried but the flatwire spring would not work well with the Tripp follower...not a good seat. Also, on the other end the Tripp metal plate was too narrow to capture the spring.

So, I used the flatwires I bought to retrofit some 47s and kept the Tripps stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts