1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having trouble with the Wilson emblem staying in the grips.My friend took his professional to the range and lost the wilson emblem.Wilson was nice enough when he called to tell him that they would send him two more and just to superglue them in.I was wondering if anyone else was having this problemn with there wilson grips.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
I have been having trouble with the Wilson emblem staying in the grips.My friend took his professional to the range and lost the wilson emblem.Wilson was nice enough when he called to tell him that they would send him two more and just to superglue them in.I was wondering if anyone else was having this problemn with there wilson grips.
This happens with all glue in emblems. Make sure the back of the emblem is roughened up with a b it of sandpaper and it should stick in this time.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Had the issue with my Professional Grip Emblems. Followed Wilson Combat's advice and used the superglue and problem resolved.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I ran across this problem for the first time this weekend on a customer's gun. WC is sending me replacement grips so it's really not an issue. But, I was told that Superglue dries "hard"...in other words it has no give to it & will not hold up to recoil. A silicone based glue was suggested. I haven't tried it but thought I'd pass it along in case someone else has the same issue.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Use Gorilla Glue.. they will never come off again..

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Monkey blood

+1 on Gorilla Glue.

Use sparingly as it expands 3x-4x original amount as it sets up and dries. Once dried, nothing is gonna come loose.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I have a different issue...one of the grip emblems has rotated ~60 degrees in its socket and I cannot get it out! Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Push it out from behind the grip.. There should be a hole there.. Take a pointy tool and push on it.. If there is no hole drill one there..

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Guess I'll drill...ain't no hole. Was hoping for an idea to somehow suction it out, cause using very heavy duty tape to pull did not work.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
grips

Excuse me but am I the only one thinking that on a $3000.weapon we shouldn't be having to buy super glue,gorilla glue or any other.If I wanted to repair I would by a lesser weapon at 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bet there are a couple of dozen gun enthusiast out there that have no comprehension of what a Wilson is...

And the feeling you have from owning a Wilson...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts