1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my Wilson CQB a great deal, but the grips loosen when firing at the range, which is annoying. I tighten them back up, then they loosen up again, during shooting. Is loctite the solution?

·
Registered
248 Posts
bbbang

I am not sure I understand your question. Are your grips coming loose or are your grip bushing coming loose. In either case you can use some loc-tite on the threads. If it is your grip screws make sure the loc-tite you use is not the permanent kind. In the past I have used a small amount of my wife's nail polish on the threads and then screwed them in an let it set. This holds the screws tight but still allows me to remove them when needed.
Hope this helps.

Long live the 1911

·
Registered
366 Posts
Simply bring along an allen wrench or a stubby screwdriver (depending on the type of screws) to the range. One of my grip screws gets loose after 100-150 rounds while the other three are fine. A couple half turns and it is back to normal. Take the unloaded gun to the safe area & tighten it up. Do not over tighten any of the screws beyond hand tight. Redoing your grip bushings ain't cheap!

G

·
I had the same problem with my CQB Compact. And, the little Wilson Combat emblems have popped out of each grip. Just tighten the grips with a screw driver use a little glue when the emblems pop out.
Dennis D. Carter

·
Banned
79 Posts
Small bit of advice for ya, if you go the loc-tite route use the blue. NOT THE RED!!! I learned this the hard way and had to buy a new set of Pachmyr wraparounds a new bushing and new screws. Bad bad deal.
Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts