1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new KZ-45 after months of research here and all over the internet. Thanks to all of you regular posters who help us make informed decisions.

Upon receipt, the gun was flawless. It was missing the bushing wrench (slip said it would arrive in 7-10 days--not sure how this will happen since I bought it from a dealer.) Also, no gun lock--thought it was standard. However, the gun was exactly what I had expected. It's test target at 15 yards from Wilson---a quarter could cover up the three holes. I looked hard for blemishes--none. Did a full function check---everything was perfect. The gun feels very well balanced.

Went to the range and fired about 250 rounds. Used Winchester FMJ, a generic FMJ 230gr, Winchester Personal Protection, and Hydra Shocks. Only problem was the first time letting slide forward with the Winchester FMJ -- the slide didn't seat all the way forward. Simply pulled back the slide and the bullet seated itself upon release. Hey, that's what a break in period is for. Wilson recommends 300-500 rounds to break in. Interestingly, Wilson also points out that FMJ is harder to feed than hollow points.

The gun shot very well. Smooth trigger pull. Felt very good in the hands. It is amazing how light the gun feels due to the kevlar polymer handle. It doesn't feel cheap at all (and at over $1000 it isn't.)

It's early in my experiences with this gun, but having shot 1911s since being in the Army in the 80s--I can tell that this is a fantastic gun. The Wilson web site says they put over 2 years into developing this gun....it is obvious they did it right.

I'd recommend anyone looking for a lighter weight 1911 for concealed carry to seriously consider this gun.

·
Registered
544 Posts
5 Toes,

Congrats and welcome.

Friends that own the KZ have a lot of praise for the gun and refer to it as a "shooter". Not one of them has had a complaint about how the gun runs.

If you feel that you are missing something by not having a gun lock included, PM me with your address. I have a couple of them I've never used from Wilson.

Good luck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Love my KZ! have fun with yours!:cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like my compact version. The only downside is that if you like to tinker, and what 1911 fan doesn't, there isn't much you can do to add to or change the look and feel. On the other hand, it works just fine the way it is. If I could have only one .45, I would be quite happy with this one. Great choice !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts