1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is real word on this pistol. I have a bunch of Glocks and one Springfield Champion and I would like to purchase another 1911 style and have considered the KZ-45. I swore that I would not buy another polyomer framed pistol, but I think the KZ-45 is a hybrid and they use a combination of steel and polymer.

Is this a gun that will last and what do the owners out there have to say.

Thanks,

77Bronc

· Registered
141 Posts
I have had my KZ for 8 days now. I have 1000 rounds thru it so far and plan another 300-400 tomorrow. I like it more everytime I shoot it. This is my 1st polymer. It has choked a few times on my 200gr LSWC reloads but not on 230gr FMJ's. It is very accurate.
I am curious if this gun will last also.
-Mark

· Registered
78 Posts
I have had my KZ since May. So far not one misfortune of any kind, eats up everything. In my hands it fit very good for trigger reach.Shots very accurate, better me.
In the polymer family I think it's a very good investment.

Irv

· Registered
601 Posts
The KZ45 is a nice gun. Accurate and totally reliable. The grip is slightly blockier than a standard 1911, but if you can shoot a Glock or HK USP type gun, the KZ will feel like a dream. I prefer a standard steel frame 1911. Yet, still like my KZ very much.

· Registered
499 Posts
I had to send mine back to Wilson. Major FTF problems. Since they returned it to me it is one of my favorites. Extremely accurate and not one malfunction. I'm very happy I made the purchase, but could have done without the return problems. I've followed the KZ posts pretty closely and think it is fair to say it's a "thumbs up" by owners. Wilson got my gun back in 9 days and that included a 3 day holiday or it would have been quicker.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Less recoil, quicker recovery on double taps. It's not for everyone as more physical strength is required to pull the slide back to chamber the first round. For $7-$8, give it a try...you might just like the results. ;-)

· Registered
601 Posts
My slide to frame fit is excellent. The slide racks very smoothly. Actually, the overall fit of my KZ if very good. Hate to say it, but better than my CQB. Not to say it's a better gun than my CQB, though.....

· Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyO:
My slide to frame fit is excellent. The slide racks very smoothly. Actually, the overall fit of my KZ if very good. Hate to say it, but better than my CQB. Not to say it's a better gun than my CQB, though.....
I'm glad to hear that. I hope my KZ will be
as smooth. Thanks for your response.

· Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyO:
Johnny O,

What do you not like about the KZ compared
to your CQB?

· Registered
601 Posts
Armin,
I prefer the feel of an all steel 1911. The grip feels better in my hand. It does not have a blocky feeling like the KZ does. Although, the KZ is not too bad. Not as blocky as a Glock or HK USP. My KZ has the old Wilson Night Eyes. Their newer Pyramid design which is on my CQB is a better sight. However, I'm not about to give up my KZ anytime soon...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.