1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody know of someone that could take my wilson logo's off of my factory grips and install them on my new pair of custom grips?
Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
K:
Pretty easy to do this. They are only super glued in there to begin with. On some of the grips, you can punch them out from the back side of the grip. Good luck!

·
Registered
544 Posts
kenner,

If you're looking for someone to fit the logos in the wood of a new grip, check with Don. I believe he offers that service.

If you are simply trying to remove the logos, do as KB suggested or wait a while, they will probably fall out by themselves!:eek:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Also, Kim Ahrends makes grips with the holes cut for the wilson meds. He has many other grips to choose from. He is the official supplier to Wilson for their grips. Also, Wilson will sell you the medalions and then you can glue them in place yourself. I did this a few years ago when Wilson stopped carrying the officers size ebony grips.I just had Ahrends send me a set with the cuts and the Wilson sent me the medallions, and wham, I had an actual wilson set of ebony grips, I just got them direct from the supplier.

MB

·
Registered
77 Posts
Call Wilson and have them send you a new set. My CQB Compact had both emblems fall out when I shot it. I called and they said they had a batch with bad glue. They sent me a new set and I epoxied them in myself.

Lynn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts