1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the proper Wilson mag # to fit my Kimber Ultra Tactical...?
remember, the Tactical models sport a magwell, yet an Officer's size Wilson 7 rnd. mag with the standard plastic pad still sticks out quite a bit.

i've seen some ultra thin Wilson mag bottoms but not sure exactly in which model mags they come, from the looks of it they would fit just right.

i'd prefer black mag bodies as well.

this is what i got now, and they seem to stick out way more than I wanted them to be, however they're 8 rnd'ers and i'll use them at the range. For carry I want something to fit more "flush".

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Those are full-size mag bodies with Wilson's adapter baseplate. If you go with a true officer's size magazine, you'll get what you want, but lose one round.

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
Call Wilsons for info. They have a great customer service dept.
Why do they have to be black? They are hidden inside the gun.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I believe you're looking for a 47OXCB. This is a 7rnd mag for an Officer's model, black body, low profile steel base pad.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true, but not with the steel base pad, instead i'd like the ultra thin plastic pad(so that it'll fit flush with my magwell) the steel pad will recess inside the magwell and look like dog caca.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
robino:

I don't see them in the Wilson catalog in that configuration. I think if you want a black body you have to get the steel pad. You can then order plastic replacement pads I suppose. I'd suggest calling Wilson, telling them what you want, and see what they're willing to do. They are known for pretty good customer service.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i just found out that what I thought was a thin plastic bottom is indeed a thin metal bottom.

the only plastic bottoms are the standard size bottoms.

ordered mysef some 47oxcb's :cool:

"A" for effort guys

·
Registered
867 Posts
I just got Wilson 7 & 8 round magazines for my Kimber Compact. I wanted a thinner baseplate on the 7 rounder & tried the one from my Wilson 10 rounder. I think that the leading edge on the thin baseplate is too short. As someone else suggested, I'll check their website.

Good shooting!
:) :) :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts