1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some of the Wilson mags on backorder and they just called me today saying they got the shipment in. I don't know how many more they got but NEW Wilson 47D mags are on sale for $19.31. This is an incredible price. They are shipping out 10 47D mags, 10 of the 10rnd 38super mags and 2 10 rond 45 mags to my door for a bargain price or $250 and some change. I call that a bargain and thought I would spread the bargain to everyone else. This is on their website but I dealt with Bob. He will hook you up. Hope this helps

Edwin

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds like a good deal for all you people who live outside of TN,GA,and AL.Natchez will not sell to anyone in these three states unless you have a FFL or a business license.They do not want to take sales away from the dealers in this area by selling directly to the public. THWT

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by Doc Ed:
I had some of the Wilson mags on backorder and they just called me today saying they got the shipment in. I don't know how many more they got but NEW Wilson 47D mags are on sale for $19.31. This is an incredible price. They are shipping out 10 47D mags, 10 of the 10rnd 38super mags and 2 10 rond 45 mags to my door for a bargain price or $250 and some change. I call that a bargain and thought I would spread the bargain to everyone else. This is on their website but I dealt with Bob. He will hook you up. Hope this helps

Edwin
I won't spend another penny at natchezss. http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum21/HTML/000136.html
prior to this I purchased reloading equipment and primers from them..not anymore.

It's bad when a biz has a fancy shopping cart system on thier website and then they just cancel your order and don't even offer to backorder at all...still haven't got my catalog(as if that was any concellation to offer me
i'm ticked at them. bad business practice to have one guy get his order cancelled and others get thier stuff just because they call. very bad. I'm angry. I wanted some wilsons. guess I'll get them somewhere else. I too would have ordered a few hundred dollars worth. I hope natchezess reads this because they will be affected as I'm a loud mouth when it comes to bad customer service.

Eugene

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hmmm, Eugene, I have some food for thought:

This looks a lot like an "automated" cancellation of an order for out-of-stock parts, which obviously can be overridden by a sales rep.

Lots of places cancel an order when parts are out of stock. Would you prefer that they piss off tons of customers by allowing the order to just sit there and linger? Customers that call in are at least aware that the parts are back-ordered, and hence prepared to wait. Internet customers aren't necessarily aware. Imo, Natchez is doing the right thing in this case.

Does that mean that Natchez couldn't improve? Nope, they should have a better inventory control system and not allow an order to be placed for out-of-stock items if their policy is to cancel said orders. But is this small glitch worthy of never ordering from them again? I don't think so.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by gtf:
Hmmm, Eugene, I have some food for thought:

This looks a lot like an "automated" cancellation of an order for out-of-stock parts, which obviously can be overridden by a sales rep.

Lots of places cancel an order when parts are out of stock. Would you prefer that they piss off tons of customers by allowing the order to just sit there and linger? Customers that call in are at least aware that the parts are back-ordered, and hence prepared to wait. Internet customers aren't necessarily aware. Imo, Natchez is doing the right thing in this case.

Does that mean that Natchez couldn't improve? Nope, they should have a better inventory control system and not allow an order to be placed for out-of-stock items if their policy is to cancel said orders. But is this small glitch worthy of never ordering from them again? I don't think so.

Just my $.02
Sorry a little tired and angry today. And yes I would rather the order remain or someone call me or request me to call them before cancelling my order especially if they are backordering via phone. the eamil message was signed Chris..here's a full copy of it
some info edited for security)
Dear Sir,
Unfortunately we are out of stock on the item you ordered below. The
online order has been canceled and your credit card has not been
charged. In the meantime we have sent you a catalog in the mail. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for visiting
Natchez Online.
Chris
Natchez Shooters Supply www.natchezss.com
1-800-251-7839

> *Credit Card Order # 1635-9187-xxxx Received by Americart*
>
> Always verify price accuracy. Order from IP# xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> -------------------Payment Information---------------------
>
> Name on Card: Eugene D. Goodwin
> Card Type: mastercard
> Card Number: (16 digits stripped for security)
> Expiry Month: 0x
> Expiry Year: 0x
>
> -------------------Billing Information---------------------
>
> Customer Address:
> Name: Eugene D. Goodwin
> Addr: xxxx
> City: xxxx
> State: Florida
> Zip: xxxx
>
> Customer Email: [email protected]
> Customer Day Phone: xxxx
> Night Phone: xxxx
>
> -------------------Shipping Information--------------------
>
> (Only filled if different than above)
>
> Customer Address:
> Name: Eugene D. Goodwin
> City: xxxx
> State: Florida
> Zip: xxxx
>
> Origin: Current Customer
> If Other:
>
> ---------------------Order Summary-------------------------
>
> Item Subtotal: $149.76
> Insurance Fees: $0.67
> Shipping Cost: $8.59
> GRAND TOTAL: $159.02
> Includes 0.00 sales tax (if applicable)
>
> Shipping Method: UPS Gnd Commercial [xxxx]
>
> --------------------Special Instructions-------------------
>
> Plkease ship to business address shown in ship to
> field.
> Thank you.
>
> -----------------Individual Item Breakdown-----------------
>
> Item Ref. Price ea. Qty. Description
> ___________________________________________________________
> WC22P $2.62 4 WC BARREL BUSHING WRENCH POLY
> .
>
> WC47D $19.31 4 WR MATCH MAG GOVT .45ACP 8RD
>
> WC47SX $20.68 3 WR MATCH MAG .38 SUPER 10RD
>
> ------------------------End of Order-----------------------

You can see it seems it was not automated...I almost let this slide until I saw Doc Ed's post and it inflamed me again that I could be getting my mags if only it was for me calling instead of ordering via thier site...I much prefer internet ordering thats why I placed the order in the first place, online, through thier system(after seeing a post here mentioning thier sale and knowing I had decent service from them in the past) so I wouldn't have to call...I like it better that way...lots of places I order from have no problem backordering from an internet order and others have ways of monitoring thier stock so they don't over sell or need to do things like Natchezss did. Makes me very angry as a potential customer to go through all the form filling,order confirmation, and such only to be told two days later that the order is just outright cancelled with no recourse...but they are sending me a catalog...HA! I just won't put up with that. even if it is an automated response then they need to either fix it or notify everyone who comes to thier site on the front page that thier order may not even be placed even though they go through all the steps and enter thier cc number and such.
I order almost everything I buy via mail order and almost all of that via internet and encounter a problem here and there with shipping or damged items or things of that nature and can understand and accept that but this is entirely different. I've never had a business I order from just plain cancel an order like this after the order is placed, accepted, and verified. This is unacceptable to me. I wanted to order the mags they had advertised and showed on thier site ands when i did this is what I got. Now I'll get them elsewhere, Probably Brownells as they are easier to order from and always ship promptly and with never a problem.
If natchezss had asked me if I wanted to backorder or cancel this would be entirely different..I would've waited months for the backorder without a problem.

Eugene

·
Registered
35 Posts
actually something interesting. I saw the prices last night so I was going to just leave a message on their answering machine saying that I'd like some magazines and leave the credit card number. Thought for a bit an realized this would be a really stupid thing to do. So I called later in the day. I have to hand it to you guys, you do work quickly they were completely out already.

When I called I got a woman who sounded completely asleep on the other side of the line. She took my order but when I got to the magazines she simply told me that they were out. When I asked if I could have them hold the order until they came in she told me basically flat out no, and to call back in a week or 10 days. I asked her if they would honor the price published and she told me again to call back in 7 to 10 days.

I'm not sure if I just caught this woman on just a bad day, but this wasn't really something I'd call service. I'm still looking for the magazines, and I'll probably call back on monday to see if I can get someone else, but it certainly seemed like that they didn't want my money very much...

UltimaSE

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just ordered Wilson magazines newly on sale at Natchez' website, and got an automated cancellation because they had none in stock. I called Natchez and spoke with Mark who told me they put "everything" on their website whether they have it in stock or not, they don't back order, and if and when they do get the magazines in stock he couldn't guarantee the sale price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by stanmog:
I just ordered Wilson magazines newly on sale at Natchez' website, and got an automated cancellation because they had none in stock. I called Natchez and spoke with Mark who told me they put "everything" on their website whether they have it in stock or not, they don't back order, and if and when they do get the magazines in stock he couldn't guarantee the sale price.
This is what Clark Howard, www.clarkhoward.com , calls customer no-service. Unbelievable.

EDG

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry you guys have been dealing with such unpleasant people. When I tried the internet ordering I got the auto cancellation also. I called them the next day and spoke to Bob I believe who said he could take my order on backorder and call me when the shipment arrived. He also said he would grant the special price. About 2 wks later, Bob called me with a message that the order was in. I called Natchez, spoke to Bob, confirmed my order, and payed with credit card. The order was supposed to be shipped Friday.
Seems like Natchez has some workers that don't want to do their job. Sounds like they need to fire some people.

Edwin

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by Doc Ed:
I'm sorry you guys have been dealing with such unpleasant people. When I tried the internet ordering I got the auto cancellation also. I called them the next day and spoke to Bob I believe who said he could take my order on backorder and call me when the shipment arrived. He also said he would grant the special price. About 2 wks later, Bob called me with a message that the order was in. I called Natchez, spoke to Bob, confirmed my order, and payed with credit card. The order was supposed to be shipped Friday.
Seems like Natchez has some workers that don't want to do their job. Sounds like they need to fire some people.

Edwin
I understand that somtimes things like this happen. No need for you to apoligize for them. Didn't mean to dump all over your thread Doc.

EDG

·
Registered
394 Posts
Natchez is located here in Chattanooga.The name of their company is Chattanooga Shooters Supply.Natchez is the name the use for their mail order division.I know a guy who used to work there,He told a few of us at the gym that he could get us a deal on some ammo_One of us gave him the money to buy 2 cases,he came through with 1 case and told the guy that another shipment was due later that week and he would pick up another case then.Well I think he worked there another year or so and he never got the other case.If it sounds like I don't care for them ,WELL I don't.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
para-EDGE,

I'm not worried about getting my thread "dumped on." Bad buisness practices need to be revealed so that others do not get ripped off. Therefore, I am glad you guys are posting your replies

et45,

As I said, I think some people need to get fired. However, this could be a problem from the top and no solution to that until they are out of buisness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts