1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Tac Pro II for a few months now. I guess Kimber wore themselves out so much on their pistols they forgot about the mags they use, b/c about 3/4 of the time I get FTF on the last round. I am looking to buy some Wilson Combat mags (as I've been told to do countless times) and am wondering what models will work w/ the Pro size tactical? I've noticed that the Wilson mag models that some have suggested for the Pros are 8 rounders. Does this mag stick out at all farther than the buttplate on the stock mag (for the tac pro II) does? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I use Wison 47A mags (7 rd.) in my tac pro exclusivley. I've experienced one failure to feed at about 100 rds. and it has been totally reliable since.

·
Registered
24 Posts
May I ask the same about a Tac Custom II? I have one on the way and I was thinking about replacing the stock one, but I'm pretty convinced now that I've heard so much griping about them (the stock mags).

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use 8rd. Wilson-Rogers mags in both my Custom and Pro exclusively. They work fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use the Wilson 47D mags in my Tac Pro II. They are actually a hair shorter than the stock mag but I was told the longer ones are not legal for IDPA competition.

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
They are NOT flush-fit in a standard 1911. They will protrude a bit in a gun with no magwell.

·
Registered
148 Posts
AZ Husker said:
They are NOT flush-fit in a standard 1911. They will protrude a bit in a gun with no magwell.
Correct.

If you still have the mag-well on there, it's only a few mm longer than the well...

Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts