1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of buying a Baer Super stinger which I will convert to 9mm. Wilson could not confirm nor deny if their compact 9mm mag would function reliably in a Baer. Their compatibility chart indicates it will not. Any experience gents?

Thanks,
fuzzy

·
Registered
706 Posts
There are differnt lenght. Officers size and government and commanders. Then the 9MM caliber. Then will it function with out gunsmith adjustments. I would see if its the correct length, and if it is try it.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I can’t speak to their 9mm or 38 Super mags, but I run Wilson Combat “compact magazines” in my Les Baer Stinger (45 ACP). No disappointments!

·
Registered
865 Posts
This doesn’t specifically answer your question, but the Wilson 9mm mags will not run in my Black Baer 9mm Commander size

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My Stinger in .45 works with Wilson, but it works more smoothly with Tripps

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
VF-1 and Perdido, thanks. Yes, I also have a stinger in .45 and the wilson compact mags run great in that caliber.
cr420 - actually, that is interesting. What exact problem are you having with the wilsons in your black baer?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Wird feeding issues. Runs great with Tripp, Metalform and Dawsons. My gunsmith thinks it has to do with the cut for the mag release.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Isn't a Stinger a compact/officer frame ?

If it is you should be able to WC 8 round 9mm magazine (flush fit) and maybe even the 9 round if you are running a magwell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts