1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to insert each of my 2 Wilson mags into my new EB SF and they were very difficult to get in. Is this normal? The EB mag slides in nice and easy but the amount of pressure needed for the Wilson mags is shocking. Maybe time for new Wilsons?

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Naw. Just use your Ed Brown's, which are mde by Metalform and can be had much cheaper than Wilson's through a Brownell's dealer. Every gun has it's own brain. Your mag catch might be slightly out of spec but if it works, it works. I have a Tactical Elite that takes Wilson mags very tightly but it still runs... just have to slap then pretty good. You might try a new mag release from another 1911.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
My Kobra Carry prefers Metalforms also. Plus I prefer their flush-fit in the magwell.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
ALL my M1911s prefer Metalforms. I have a pair of Wilsons I use as spares for my 3" Kimber Ultra, but even that pistol is carried with a Metalform in the grip.

I've never had any trouble with Wilsons, but have never found them to be special either. And I much prefer flush fit magazines.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
528 Posts
I use Ed Brown (Metalform) mags in my Exec Elite but have tried Wilsons and they worked fine. Like the others I prefer the flush fit of the Ed Brown mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts