1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I have a question or two.

I bought a Lt Wt champ bitone a couple months back and have since ran about 500 rounds threw her. The first 25-50 had some FTE and FTF, but after that it has run flawlessly, whether it is fed factory 200 Federal HP's, or my own LSWC reloads. It is truely a great pistol. As soon as I get this magazine problem fixed it will become my CCW firearm.

Here is the issue. I have three Wilson 47D, and two 47DBC that I use. All but one fail to lock the slide back on the last round. Upon watching closely while hand cycling I noticed the slide lock lever only rotates all the way up into the slide cutout on the one mag that works. All the rest the lever only rotates enough to just catch a fraction of the slide cutout. ( kinda like the sear engagement on a target trigger). I suspect the spring pressure for the slide return is enough to disengage the slide lever. Now all these magazines were brand new. The pistol came with the 47DBC's ( I bought it from an estate sale, the gun was NIB, but the owner had thrown out the Sfield mags).

Now I also have a gen 1 Kimber stainless classic target and all 5 mags function 100% trouble free in it. Slide lever rotates up fully and the slide always locks back.

I also ran the stock Kimber mag in the Champ and the slide lever rotates fully up with no issues.

Should I rebuild the mags with new springs and followers or get some new mags????????????????

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pat

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure why, but my Mil Spec doesn't like Wilson mags either. I've had the same issue since day one. I use Chip McCormick mags now and they work fine. I guess I should try and figure out why the Wilson's don't work with my MilSpec, but I'm to lazy and the problem was solved a different way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts