1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, and have justed purchased a Kimber Tactical Pro. I read the posts about using plastic follower magazines in the aluminum frame (Most people recommending Wilson mags), so I need to order some.

Can anyone recommend the best place/price to find them (Wilson 47D)?

Thanks,

5Shot

·
Premium Member
20,305 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on your new pistol! Check our "for sale" section, I believe there were just some there. For 1911 Nirvana, check out www.brownells.com.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well that stinks....

Natchez has some great prices, but I can't order from them because I live in Alabama. Another reason to move out of this $#@$%&! state.:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
MAG Request

I also would like some new mags but I need them in .40 S&W for my Pro Carry. Where do I look?

·
Registered
125 Posts
As I posted in the aluminum frame damage thread, if you want to convert a standard mag to a plastic follower, willson combat offers kits. I would also recomend checking willson combat's prices as they are pretty good, in fact I have found them to be better than the prices www.midwayusa.com seems to have, which was somewhat amazing.

Wes

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't think they necessarily need a plastic follower, one of the mags with a metal follower and a tab that keeps it from moving forward would be ok. If you're looking for cheap, I'd get in on a Metalform group buy and get some of the rounded follower mags. Or get some MecGars and extra power springs. If you check around at gunshows you can find some good prices on rebuilt Wilson mags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts