1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows the wilson magwell look on a Kimber Custom? I want something that is quick and easy to install without doing any modifications. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Did you check the S&A and/or the Ed Brown?

I looked at most of them, ordered the S&A yesterday. Other posts here recommended the Ed brown for easiest drop-in - but I tried an S&A and liked it (couldn't try the others)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didnt, wheres a good place to find those? I just was looking at the Wilson because it was in the same catalog I got my mags from.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Bought a Wilson magwell for my wife's Colt Special Combat Gov. Magwell is too tight, Won't go on far enough to put pin in. Needs to be fitted. Food for thought. Tracy

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I put one of those slip on mag wells on my Stainless Target II. Didn't like it at all. In order for it to actually fit you need to modify the grips as shown in the pic at AZ Huskers link. I had thought that the rubber grips would compress and mold around the ears. Wrong. Big unsightly gap. Swapped it out for an Ed Brown unit. The Brown unit needed the ears filed in order to work with the SII safety, but a couple of strokes with a flat file is considerably easier than making a good job of the grip modification. Especially if you want to keep the rubber grips.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have a GM series 1 real nice blue (early gun) put on a real nice set of Houge panels that I wanted to keep,added the Wilson mainspring housing/mag well pefect fit real nice blue,didn't have to change or modify my panels,which was what I wanted to start. Also the are a little easier to conceal than the bigger mag wells, INMHO. Just curious,AZ Heat why did you have to dremel your grips?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Duh, forgot about that style,I only used the one that is held in by the mainspring housing pin with the new steel housing replacing the Kimber plastic housing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts