1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum. I enjoy reading your posts. Here is my question.
What are your opinions concerning the Master Grade?
I called Wilson and inquired about their
Master Grade. According to the rep, it is no longer made. Ironically, my local Master Dealer has one.(nib)

·
Registered
153 Posts
The MASTER GRADE is still in WILSON'S new [2001] catalog. They had one on display at the SHOTSHOW earlier this month. I'm pretty certain they still offer the package.

The MASTER GRADE I handled at the SHOTSHOW was a DAMN FINE pistol. The checkering was to die for, slide to frame and barrel fit up was like glass. Trigger was first rate.

As much as I like Armor-Tuff on working guns, some how it just didn't look right on the MASTER GRADE. I believe that if I were ordering one, I would specify a full hardchrome finish on the gun.

------------------
Will Fennell
www.camillusknives.com

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will,
Thanks for the reply. Our impressions are identical. However, I am looking at the 2001 Wilson catalog and see no Master Grade.
I do see a Classic Super Grade on page 25.
Which brings me back to my question about a Master Grade. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
J Scott,
My bad, I was refering to the Classic Super Grade. What did the MASTER GRADE package include?

------------------
Will Fennell
www.camillusknives.com

·
Super Moderator
1,896 Posts
J Scott and Will Fennell

If I remember correctly the differences between the Super Grade and the Master Grade are:

30 LPI Serrations on the top of the slide

40 LPI Serrantion on the rear of the slide

6 magazines over 2 magazines

The increased costs of course.

I believe that those are the only differences between the two guns and all other specifications are the same.

I have sold about four Super Grades and seven Master Grades. No complaints just compliments on both.

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters
http://www.ptpartners.com

You get what you pay for front end or back end.

·
Registered
97 Posts
J Scott,

Must be the one I saw at G&A today. $2895!!! Guess I'll have to keep shopping in the Springfield isle. It did look nice though ...

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts