1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about working a trade for a KZ-45. Need to know, does the $995 for the base model include a profit for the retail dealer or should I expect to pay an additional markup? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,635 Posts
That's the suggested retail price for the authorized dealers. The dealers pay a little less. Some dealers charge a little more.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you want you can order the KZ-45 direct from Wilson Combat and have it delivered to a friendly FFL. He may charge for doing the paperwork but you avoid the middleman.

Just my .02.
Long live the 1911

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
The suggested retail price does include dealer profit as the dealers often sell the gun for the same price as Wilson (and as noted, sometimes for more). If you don't live in AK, then you get to avoid having to pay sale tax that you would pay to a dealer, although you will likely have to pay a transfer fee to a person with an FFL because the gun will have to be shipping to a person/company with an FFL. From what I have read, that could be $10-25. That amount is to cover the FFL holder's time and handling of the paperwork.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some dealers will front you the sales tax (i.e., deduct it from the price) since they know they are competing with Wilson. I prefer to deal locally and have found dealers willing to make that sacrifice, since it comes out of their markup.

Tim

·
Registered
130 Posts
Double Naught

I think you mean AR=Arkansas not AK=Alaska. Used to live in Eureka Springs the town next to Berryville. Lots of folks make that mistake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts