1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from shooting a new Protector Compact I picked up last week. I tested it with 165 grain Federal Hydra Shoks and 230 grain Winchester target loads. Not a single jam and at 7 and 10 yards and the shots were right on the money. One target had 1 shot outside a 2 inch bullseye and the other 13 were in about a 1.25 inch hole in the bullseye. The trigger pull is excellent.

This may turn out to be the most accurate of the 45's I own. And, I'm comparing this to a CQB Compact, a Protector Stainless, and an Ed Brown Custom Classic. I believe it may turn out to be as accurate as the two full size models.

This is the first time I've been able to shoot one of my 45's in about 8 weeks due to a tendon I severed in my thumb, so to say I'm pleased with the shooting results is kind of an understatement.

I'm looking forward to putting some hand loads through it (185 and 200 grain Hornady's) over the next week or so. I tend to do better with those.

On a side note, there is noticeably less Armor Tuff wear on the trigger, around the hammer, and slide than I noticed on the CQB Compact when I first shot that.

I also have a Les Baer Premier II, with the 1.5" accuracy work, I'll be picking up the end of the month. I'm looking forward to seeing how these two compare.

Dennis D. Carter

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the report...sounds like you're happy with your Protector Compact. I've been debating between the PC and CQB compact for my next 1911. Just curious, is yours an LW model?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Neither of mine is an LW. The differences between the two appear to be:
1. PC has a full length guide rod, CQB doesn't.
2. PC has coco bolo grips, CQB has black diamond wood.
3. PC has a stainless steel barrel, CQB has a carbon steel (I think the newer ones also have stainless steel).
4. Different Armor-Tuff color.

At this point, if I had to choose all over again, I'd probably get the PC. But, to be perfectly honest, I'm happy with both.

Good luck with your decision.
Dennis D. Carter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts