1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is my first post here so first off I'd like to say hi to everyone and also say thanks for all the great info I've gathered here as well.

I'm going to purchase a Wilson 1911, and 2 of my friends will be ordering the same one. I have had 5 in the past but I got married and went to school so they all went to new homes.

I'm looking at the SDS and The Tac super compact, I've read many of the posts on here about both of them. So I had a couple of questions.

1. I've noticed people talk about extra things they would have done so I'm looking for suggestions in this area?

2. I'd like to know if anyone could recommend a sales associate at Wilson or someplace else I could work with?

I'm a bit of a curious individual and tend to ask a ton of questions so I want to work with someone who can answer my questions and be laid back about it.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Here goes nothing

I would recommend either Matt or John. Both are good guys, and very knowledgeable.

As for what to do, here is my take.
(But first a word of warning: My tastes tend to be either VERY traditional or completely off the wall)
I would suggest you Keep It Simple. Think about what you want, and more importantly, WHY. Then talk to one of those two. Keep an open mind about what you wanted and discard anything that may affect reliability or accuracy.
My CQB ended up very simple and rather unassuming looking, but it fills it's designed purpopse perfectly. (At least for me)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the world of Wilson Combat.

+1 on nytmayr's comments. I have worked with Nick and Matt, both are a pleasure and very knowledgeable. I purchased my first pistol (seven pistols, a shotgun and a M-4 ago) working directly with WC rather than a dealer. They were patient and and answered all of my questions and always called back when I left a mesg.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I whole heartedly recommend Joe rankin. I am on my 3rd Wilson from him and several other pistols. I assure you, you can not ask him more or stupider questions than I have. The last gun I purchased was running late, Joe shipped it to me before I sent funds. That us the kind of guy he is.

If he doesn't take care of you, pm me!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Me too!

Welcome to the world of Wilson Combat.

+1 on nytmayr's comments. I have worked with Nick and Matt, both are a pleasure and very knowledgeable. I purchased my first pistol (seven pistols, a shotgun and a M-4 ago) working directly with WC rather than a dealer. They were patient and and answered all of my questions and always called back when I left a mesg.

I also dealt with them directly. The only Wilson dealer I knew of at the time said to me "Whatever Wilson quotes you for a price, that's our price too" when I asked for a quote. So I figured what the hell, I'll save about $125 just by dealing with Wilson direct and not paying state sales tax.
But I have my eyes on Rankin for my next one, maybe a Tactical Elite. I'm not quite sure just yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts