1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions I've E-mailed Wilson and they haven't replied.

would they take one of their packages and modify it to suit my taste? as in a gov't model frame with a 4" bbl/slide in the CQB package. I really like the commander sized pistols but I still enjoy the full size frame. I don't want a modified officers model concept.

·
Super Moderator
13,608 Posts
I'm sure Wilson Combat is still building fully custom pistols to customers' request in addition to their packaged guns.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gonzo308-
The folks at Wilson may be too busy to answer emails promptly but they are NEVER too busy to answer your questions over the phone. Call 870-545-3635 and ask for John LaHue at ext.105 in Customer Service.

------------------
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it."
Justice Learned Hand

·
Super Moderator
1,879 Posts
Gonzo308

Something about email. It stinks as a method of communication. Much is lost in translation (aka miscommunication) and messages get sent to never, never land. Yes, this does happen especially with the number of email transmitted viruses out there.

I retail the Wilson line, Custom 1911 as well as other production 1911's

Wilson Combat does have a forum now moderated by Wilson. I do not have the address immediately available but I am certain someone on this forum will get it for you if asked or posted.

Ditto on the phone call. You can get your question answered by a "real" human and the fellow mentioned above is a real good source. I have used him for Wilson related question's for over two years.

This is from me and not Wilson. I do not believe Wilson makes or will make a Compact slide (4") on a full size frame but I would check with the builder as a final answer. I had checked on it over a year ago for a customer and that kind of modification was not available at that time due to the "potential" for problem as well as the extreme back log of the specialized custom work such as your request.

I hope this helps.

------------------
Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

http://www.pt-partners.com

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I asked Wilsons if they would build the 4 inch slide on a fullsize frame and they said no. However, they encouraged me to obtain such a pistol from Springfield or Kimber and they would be glad to "build <me> a real nice gun...". I currently carry a full size LW protector. The short barrel was for my wife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts