1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darn: It always happens. Found a New Wilson Tactical Service Pistol. This is the model that was discontinued two years ago.

This is the full size bull barrel gun. I have wanted one for a long time but as usual cannot decide whether this will be "mechandise" or another possesion. If it becomes a possesion I have to get the new 463 sights on it.

No one ever traded one of the Tactical Service Pistols in.

Yes, this can be considered a plug but it is not meant to be as I have a CQB (and yes, the armortuff shows wear) than just runs with all of the cheap crummy reloads, mixed ammo, trade ammo and anything I can find and throw in a bucket to try and make in choke.

I did find one load. 185 short wadcutter match in a generic cardboard box but it was the stuff that uses or comes out at about 650 fps. Cannot use the 18lb spring with that.

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

You get what you pay for front end or back end.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by PT-Partners:

...I have wanted one for a long time ...
Terry, looks like you answered your question right there

err, otoh, maybe you should keep a TRS

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Terry, it must suck to be you. The trials and tribulations you must endure...

Hey, all good things come and go for a reason. I don't think I would pass on the opportunity if I were you, but then again, I don't get regular shipments of Wilson guns. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one thing I love about this business is the fact I can always "possess" these guns for a period of time.

Terry Peters.

I am going to get what I paid for here.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Out of curiousity, Terry, why was the model discontinued?

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Super Moderator
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is pure speculation but with the trend for IDPA and full length bull barrels not being approved and the cost of the full length bull barrel on the rise the cost of the gun was not profitable for the time to build it.

Terry Peters

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got one in Charlotte, mint. Traded a CQB in for it. Like it because it is a little different and rare. Shoots as well...or better. Might be the weight up front. Silly rule, not allowing it for IDPA. It IS a production, defensive firearm.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The thing I like best about my only bull barrel 1911 (an SV) is, well...the Bull Barrel.

But trade-in my CQB for a Wilson Tactical Service Pistol?
Maybe. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I spoke at length with Wilson re: the Tactical Service Grade. It was definitly the IDPA bull barrel rule that hurt sales. The CQB and Tac. Service Grade are similar in fit and finish...but the bull barrel and FLGR are (to each their own) upgrades to the pistol. It seems a little heavier in the holster but the rapid shot control is worth it. Would love to compare it to the Tac Elite at the range.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Anyone have a "glamour shot" of one of these beauties to post? :cool: geegee

·
Registered
23 Posts
Man, I really can't figure out how to post pictures....I've got one for you all of the Service Grade...but I am too frustrated to keep trying. Any help? Every time I try to attach in the browse area, it "kicks" me back to the basic "reply" form.

Bulldog

·
Super Moderator
13,601 Posts
Bulldog,
The attachment feature will only accept pictures of certain kbyte size. You might be trying to attach a file that is too large.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think that's the deal....I'll try to resize tomorrow. Wonder if the mod can delete the other postings? Looking kinda' stupid here...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I shoot a tactical elite and the gun just stays there. Shoots great. No glamour shot but could take a few and would email off line with and off line email.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts