1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out there own a Two Tone Protector, I just ordered one and wanted to know if anybody had any comments good or bad

Kevin

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi Kevin. I have a two tone Classic which is identical to the Protector except for the sites. It is an ecxellent 1911 and superior to my Les Baer Concept V. It has shot well right from the box, and did not even require site adjustment. My criticisms are the Armor Tuff isn't that great. There is wear at the muzzle edges, rear of the slide and at the ejection port, and this gun is babied! I had a few faiures to go into battery during the break in period but have since bought a Wilson #18 recoil spring and the gun has been 100% since then. Great gun and great service. I would buy another Wilson in a second, but I have caught the custom 1911 bug (due in no small part to the Wilson).

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments MPower, one good thing about a Wilson is that I live about 20 miles from Wilson Combat, so if I have any problems I can have it there in 30 minutes.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Originally posted by Kevin-64:
Thanks for the comments MPower, one good thing about a Wilson is that I live about 20 miles from Wilson Combat, so if I have any problems I can have it there in 30 minutes.

Kevin
Just out of curiousity, does Wilson have a gunshop in Berryville or just a site for gunsmiths? Or both?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His whole operation is there, in one building, all but where they armor tuff, and thats in another building. IDPA headquarters is next door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts