1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,544 Posts
Certainly, it will be fine. But you do realize from your study here and reading those Kuhnhausen manuals that there's more to it than "putting" it in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, was simplifying the install process ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just had one put in my gun, I like it but my gunsmith friend hated it. He feels the Greider is a better product. Apparently my Wilson trigger required fitting on the top, bottom and sides of the shoe and the bow had a bit of a wave to it that he had to correct. He says the Greider usually requires removal on the top surface of the shoe and he has never seen one that required the work the Wilson did on the bow. Now that it is in the gun I like it a lot.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
How long is your finger? Triggers come in different lengths to allow for better finger placement on the trigger pad. If you look at Bushidobrowns trigger, that is a short one.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
In a lot of frames, the Greider/Videki triggers go in easier but the Wilson triggers are real nice. Which trigger fits easiest into what frame/gun is a bit of a crap shoot.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hey BushidoBrown (sorry JeffreyVB for highjacking your thread) I just noticed the grip safety in your picture. Is that curled up back end a photo anomaly? I can’t remember seeing that anywhere. It looks like it curls around the hammer. I like the idea of that for a carry piece, is that something that is commercially available, or custom?

·
Banned
608 Posts
Hey BushidoBrown (sorry JeffreyVB for highjacking your thread) I just noticed the grip safety in your picture. Is that curled up back end a photo anomaly? I can’t remember seeing that anywhere. It looks like it curls around the hammer. I like the idea of that for a carry piece, is that something that is commercially available, or custom?
Standard TRP beavertail. :rock:

Only have pictures of a couple angles

Stock photo

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I guess the first picture made it look more pronounced than it really is, although it does look a little more curved over than most I have been looking at.

In the words of the late Rosanna, Rosanna Dana, "Never Mind" :)

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts