1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these cans? I'm sure like everything Wilson makes it is awesome! I paid the tax today so now I wait 6 months .... I can hardly wait!!!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Well the good news is they are going faster than 6 months lately.. Mine came back in 3 months last one..my buddy's came back 2 weeks ago sent it in April..

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these cans?
I have a 7.62 Whisper that I swap between a 7.62 REPR and 5.56 DDM4 SBR.

Love the light weight of Whisper, it's ideal for the already heavy 16" gas piston REPR, tames the recoil better than I had anticipated and makes follow-up shots much quicker.

The lightweight really pays dividends on an SBR, for that reason alone, a titanium can is worth the extra coin to me. I like it so much, that I'm going to plan for a dedicated 5.56 Whisper for the DDM4.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Love my 7.62 Whisper on my Recon SR Tactical in 300BLK. Shooting out in an open field with nothing to echo and subsonic ammo you can hear the bullet flying. Agree with the above comments on the light weight, I'd buy it again.

Darren

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW that was only 4 months! that is crazy fast!!! I cant think about that... i am the most impatient person I know so I have to tell my self 6 months and when it comes back in 3 or 4 then I will just be that much happier! I can hardly wait to get it!!!

It is a 7.62 can to go on my Wilson Ar 10 and will also work on my Wilson 5.56. I shot a buddies AAC 7.62 can on his 5.56 and could not tell a difference between that and the dedicated 5.56 can he has. both of them are AAC that is the reason i went with the Wilson 7.62 that way i can use it on both rifles.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm waiting on a MG to transfer on Form 4 and called the NFA this week for the status. The recorded message used to say that the wait was 6 months and you should only stay on the line for a status if you had waited that long. Now that message has changed to 5 months, so hopefully the times continue to get shorter.

Darren

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Yea they are getting shorter constantly as of lately last year it took 12 months for form 4 for my AAC 7.62 sdn can to go through.

·
Super Moderator
1,868 Posts
I put one on my Patrol rifle after I retired when I sent my rifle back to Wilson for an 11 year tune up. Runs like a champ.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've got the 30 cal on my WC Recon SR in 300aac. It is very quiet and very light! It balances this rifle out to perfection simply because the SR was designed for the can. My stamp came through today on my 223 and I'm picking it up tomorrow. It will reside on my WC SPR once I change the brake. My FFL gets a kick out of these cans because they are one of the most expensive suppressors you can buy and they ship in a blue shop towel. They are worth every penny!

Edit: I picked the 223 up today and it is perfect as to be expected. I forgot to mention that you probably want to get it Armor Tuffed. It was only $50 at the time I ordered it. The titanium looks good, but is quite shiny and noticeable. Not exactly what you want in a tactical situation.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yes I had mine done in black AT finish, I thought it was kind of funny too when it came in a blue shop towel. I LOVE IT!!! I can hardly wait to shoot it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
My WC suppressor was shipped in Wilson new suppressor pouch! I believe they have upgraded from the Blue shop Towel:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I suggest you guys check out Armageddon gear for a mirage abatement system. They also protect the finish on the can. What makes Armageddon so special is that you can specify the length and diameter of the can. No one has one that fits off the shelf as the WC is 1 7/8" diameter... much larger than 95% of cans available.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Speaking of scopes... I'm a glass snob. Nightforce BEAST-Steiner Military kind of guy. When the Recon SR first debuted, WCR sold me on it with the Trijicon 1-4. It served me well for years. Vortex just released the Strike Eagle which is a 1-6. For $300 what the heck right? Wow that was a great decision. If you run and gun, I suggest you try one out. My mounts cost more than the scope does. Lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts