1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Winchester 185 GR. FMJ? This ammo is not the ball, but has a flat nose. I have put several rounds through my Springfield Champion with no malfunction at all. This is an almost perfect round for my practice. My carry load is Hydrashock 165 Gr. The 185 is as close as I've found to practice with. I hope God lets John Browning see all the praise his invention receives.

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
I just bought 500 rds. Fired 150 through
my Kimber with no problems. I got it to shoot IDPA, hoping recoil would be a little less than 230gr. hardball

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I thought it was a pretty pleasant round to target practice with. I had some trouble with a Para-Ordnance I had feeding it though. My Kimber fed it fine.

------------------
"Of those that will penetrate, the edge is always with the bigger bullet."

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
While it doesn't look like it would work that well I shot a case of it, nearly all of it through a stock Kimber, without any malfunctions (Wilson magazines).

It wasn't exactly the most accurate ammo I ever fired
but not doubt it will do for practice and you get good brass. It clocked about 910 in the 5" gun so one would have to be sure it went 900 or better in his own gun to make CDP in IDPA. It has to make 891 but chronos and varying temperatures do make a difference and that is cutting it pretty close.

Cordially,
Jim Higginbotham

1 - 4 of 4 Posts