1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in this rifle but know little bout them (rarity, colectoability).

The rifle barrel is marked 12-42 and rifle is said to be in 96%. They are asking $1,450. Opinions welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a 1911 handgun forum, watty, but since I have a lot more knowledge about M1 carbines than I do 1911's I can tell you that you have a typical post WWII mixmaster that might be worth $800 if it doesn't have any import marks.

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Moved to Rifles & Shotguns. It's a typical post-WW2 arsenal rebuild, which probably 99% of M1 Carbines are. It still had the flat bolt however, which is an interesting feature as most were replaced by round bolts. It also has a nice WW2-era stock, not the "pot bellied" M2 stock which I personally hate. I agree the asking price is a bit steep, but prices are climbing on nice rearsenaled M1 carbines and I'd say $1000 is more in the ballpark. Being a Winchester I could see some folks being willing to pay a little bit more.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for moving, was thinking usgi and didn't consider rifles and shot guns...my mistake. Also I appreciate the insight.

·
Banned
12,388 Posts
Very pretty! Has lots of interesting features. But the price turned me off.

Go find one of those M1 Carbine sites where they catalog all the variants
and variations for you. You'll understand more about the stock, oiler,
action components, sights, etc etc.

Price under a grand, I would jump at it. Over a grand makes me think.
But that asking price just makes me think too hard.

Any genuine US arsenal rebuild is collectable. It doesn't have to be virgin original.

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
I agree with Maniac.

Eight bills is about right. I am seeing nicer ones than that for sale around here for about that fairly often. But as dsk points out. They are going up all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts