1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have failure to feeds on this ammo? Really jammed up my CBOB. Put 50 rds of this thru the other night and had 2 failures. First time I've used it this stuff. The call it "Training ammo". Is has a plastic coating and a rather blunt nose. First two jams I've had with the CBOB. Had run some regular WWB thru it earlier in session with no issues. I'm not going to be buying any more of it.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss231/eapking/DSC01154.jpg

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I've used the same ammo only the jhp version a few times. Never had any problems. But to be honest, I haven't found anything yet that my Valor won't eat. And it's been that way right out of the box. good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried that ammo and it worked fine. I looked for it on the Winchester site and couldn't find it so I phoned them and was told it is an exclusive to the Bass Pro Shops. I was told it's basically the same as the WWB 230 grain FMJ. Haven't seen it since June.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried that ammo and it worked fine. I looked for it on the Winchester site and couldn't find it so I phoned them and was told it is an exclusive to the Bass Pro Shops. I was told it's basically the same as the WWB 230 grain FMJ. Haven't seen it since June.
Yeah, got it at Bass Pro. It was all they had for about a month, in 45. I go in there about once a week to check out the ammo. I thought it kind of odd the boxes weren't moving. Ended up buying two 50's. So I've got 1 box left. I'll run it next time and see what happens.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The SXZ45 I bought was the Defense JHP not the Training ammo. I do not own a DW 45acp, but the defense stuff runs fine in my Colt and Ed Brown 45acp pistols.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts