1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all....
Does anyone use this load for self defense? How does it rate in comparison to the higher priced "premium" hollow point loads?
Thanks for your help.
g26guy

------------------
"Long may it crackle!"--Jeff Cooper on the .22lr

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like it a lot. There was a thread regarding its performance on pistolsmith.com. What I like most about it is
that it is so reasonably priced (about $16/box of 50) that you can actually fire enough of it to assure reliable function in your pistol. And it functions perfectly in my pistols.

------------------
Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill

·
Registered
387 Posts
http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1972&forum=24&44

It's good to go

Also, as an update, I carried a G21 loaded with it on a canoe trip and after four days of being soaked, all the rounds fed and fired without a hitch.

Also, I observed a buddy firing this load at night through a Kimber Compact and muzzle flash was minimal, actually less than the Speer GD, Fed HS, and Rem GS loads, which claim to be "low flash".

Yo don't have to pay for a "premium" name to get premium performance

[This message has been edited by CH (edited 11-21-2001).]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for sending me to pistolsmith.com. That was an excellent thread, and forum.
My local gunshop carries the Rem GS 230 grain for $15 per 25. Wallyworld is $16 for 50. I'll have to pick up a couple of boxes and test it in my Kimber. If it works, I'll have a new load.
Thanks,
g26guy

------------------
"Long may it crackle!"--Jeff Cooper on the .22lr

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After 100 rounds of this ammo...

I'm hooked.

I bought two boxes of this load at Wally World to test in my Kimber. Flawless functioning. Accurate.

I'll get another 100 rounds to test, just to be sure. ;)

Have a good one,
g26guy

·
Registered
203 Posts
Count me in. Stanmog is right...it's a matter of affordable function testing, really. That it seems to be an exceptional performer otherwise is icing.

I fired probably 1000 rds through my Springfield and Kimber. It works, and I carry it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts