1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you carry your Wilson Combat EDC X9 year round and who rotates to a different carry pistol for summer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure if my opinion counts as much as others as I’m new, but I’ve grown to be annoyed with my accuracy with compact handguns. I’m transitioning to full size. So I’m really pleased with the edc x9 and how well it conceals, even AIWB. And with the cooler weather, I’m playing around with full size and how that feels. I will say, cold weather and that Milt Sparks Professional holster is spoiling me. It feels like nothing is there. I may get the same holster for the full size that I’m trying out.

to answer your question, the firearm that I was using in summer was a H&k p30sk. I don’t want to blame the gun as it’s probably me, I’m just frustrated with the amount of work to be accurate and not seeing the end.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I carry what is considered a very large gun year round, for me the limiting factor is the heel of the gun for printing and the X9 is harder for me to conceal (it fails my requirement slightly but still fails by not allowing freedom of dress and movements) than a bobtail full-size/compact round butt type single stack. Still a great gun but doesn't work 100% for me but to be fair no double stack really does

I'll add some pictures, yes I know it's heresy

Reactions: DubfromGa and Eric

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Sorry, no Wonder-9s for me. I carry a full-size in God's Caliber and wear the holster I want irregardless of weather conditions.

Wear the gun and holster you want, and dress for concealment.--Me

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Fortunately where I live (CA central valley) it isn't that much of an issue, During the winter I wear a heavier cover garment, during the summer I wear a lighter cover garment, open in front, over a T-shirt with some sort of a non-gun graphic design. One of my favorite's is Marvin the Martian. Looks perfectly normal and respectable but easy to access.

·
Registered
411 Posts
P365 with a holosun k for lighter clothing and walking my dog, even without a gun belt sometimes. The x9, glock 19, and other compacts very occasionally into the rotation. Great shooters though.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I carry the same guns year around.

Reactions: nod

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Mostly this year round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Summer, fall, winter and spring I carry the same pistol all year. A WC Classic, usually in a Milt Sparks VMII, However, during the colder months maybe in a Sam Andrews Hybrid Saddle Holster.
IMG_0200 (2).jpg
Back0Up 3 IMG_0246.jpg

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Same gun year round, can carry an EDC X9 just fine under a light t-shirt.

If I'm wearing a heavier winter sweatshirt or whatnot I might swap the 15 round mags for the 18s.

·
Super Moderator
14,377 Posts
Always same gun - Tactical Supergrade Pro in .45, with Sparks Criterion. All year long, every day.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Some more answers from a thread from a couple months ago.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Same EDC year round, G19 Gen5. Wilson has done some work on the pistol and it is totally reliable.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I carried mine in the heat of this Summer....don't see why I won't carry it year round.

I really like the pistol. WC did a great job with the design, in my humble opinion.

Summer, fall, winter and spring I carry the same pistol all year. A WC Classic, usually in a Milt Sparks VMII, However, during the colder months maybe in a Sam Andrews Hybrid Saddle Holster.
View attachment 598755 View attachment 598756

Excellent gun and leather.

I've been thinking about a fancy SS2. Your pics are pushing me over the edge. :)

That Andrews OWB looks super. High ride, but clears easy.

Very sharp in black, too. (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts