1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot nine rounds of WOLF hardball over a CED chronograph this morning. The gun was a 5" Springfield Loaded with factory barrel and I fired the rounds from about ten feet from the front screen.

I didn't write the results down but the average velocity was about 840 and the standard deviation was something like 24 fps.

Just FYI...

· Registered
339 Posts
One of our local guys was running wolf 45acp through a Glock (not the 21 ,the next size down - compact version) and was having issues with it failing to feed.

He kept bad mouthing the ammo and wouldn't accept my theory that perhaps the fault was his poor shooting technique...ie, limp wristing.

Finally , had him load up 2 mags and I proceed to shoot them as fast as I could pull the trigger. Reload and repeat with the 2d mag.
The gun is warm and smoking when I hand it back to him ,"works fine for me!"

Showed him how to grip the gun and he hasn't experienced any problems since ( that I know of anyway).

· Registered
315 Posts
MarkP said:
One of our local guys was running wolf 45acp through a Glock (not the 21 ,the next size down - compact version) and was having issues with it failing to feed.

He kept bad mouthing the ammo and wouldn't accept my theory that perhaps the fault was his poor shooting technique...ie, limp wristing.

Finally , had him load up 2 mags and I proceed to shoot them as fast as I could pull the trigger. Reload and repeat with the 2d mag.
The gun is warm and smoking when I hand it back to him ,"works fine for me!"

Showed him how to grip the gun and he hasn't experienced any problems since ( that I know of anyway).
Good man!!

MaceWindu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.