1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the range and I put 100rds of PMC ball and 100rds of Wolf and I actually liked the Wolf BETTER! I am breaking in a new SA 9151 stainless and the Wolf left the gun MUCH cleaner(I field strip cleaned it after each brand).I also called SA and they told me that steel and/or aluminum shells were fine in my gun and would not hurt it in the least. As for the coating on the shell casing I did not get any gumming from it and even put a torch to an empty casing and it did not gum. As I do not reload For $125 per 1000 I will not hesitate to continue using it.

------------------

·
Registered
20 Posts
---------> i used wolf and had not so good luck with it. it would FTF about every third or fourth round. it did it with six different magazines. i have not had any problems with PMC. that was in an ultra carry. ----------->> rc

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've never shot Wolf but I've shot a ton of laquered cases in SKS,AK,Ruger P89, Zastava Z-9,Feg PA-63,all auto's that get HOT and I've never seen evidence of the laquer leaving a residue in the chamber or cooking on the extracted empty.Maybe in a belt fed crew served weapon....but I doubt it.If the case material is annealed to a hardness less than the barrel material and is smooth(laquered) the barrel will not know if it is eating brass,aluminum,steel etc. What if your brass is harder than my steel? Will it hurt my gun? I view much of this as propaganda from U.S.ammunition manufacturers trying to protect their profit margin from low cost imports(there are SOME good reasons for this) the same way Ruger tried to control the importation of certain weapons which were in direct competition with their overpriced P.O.S. Mini-14/30.If you are comfortable using it USE IT. Hell you talked me into getting some....or did I do that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts