1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys wear an all black tennis shoe for work? I got chosen to do a uniform trial for work and need some all black tennis shoes. We work 12 hours shifts so I need something that won’t kill my back when I’m on my feet for an entire shift.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I used to. An outfit down in Huntington Beach used to make them. The captain hated them but they met the uniform regulation so there wasn't much he could do about it. Trouble is they wore out very quickly. Such is life. Comfortable but not real sturdy. Plus if you kicked somebody in the head you would hurt your toes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Try the Under Armor boots. They are better than tennis shoes. If you need a polish able toe they will not work but otherwise they are the best. In my 30 plus years of duty boots they give support to your ankles and feel like a tennis shoe. Light with lots of cushion under the foot.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Timberland pro series, although they run a little heavier than a sports type sneaker, your feet are safe, can stand or run all day and no blisters..break in period about 2 weeks. Lighter shoe is Vasque-more hiking type boot but light, not as much protection but still regulation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, For finding work shoes that last longer than one year is easy when you buy quality shoes and seek after them properly. I will suggest you the best indestructible shoes which are the best out of your work shoes, it will help you save from buying several pairs every year.

·
Registered
939 Posts
On my third set of Under Armor boots and a new one bought at an Under Armor outlet store for just over $50 dollars.

I still cannot give them a higher recommendation. Light and better than tennis shoes for support. Lots of cushion for an old cop who has stood on his feet for decades.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I work in telecom, but I wear Merrill’s. Good soles for traction, light and comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, For finding work shoes that last longer than one year is easy when you buy quality shoes and seek after them properly. I will suggest you the best indestructible shoes which are the best out of your work shoes, it will help you save from buying several pairs every year.
One of my friends recently purchased work shoes from indestructible shoes and he really enjoyed the comforts of those shoes.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Solomon has black. I don’t wear the black ones, but I am on my third pair of these in grey. They are performance shoes. Very comfortable ones. They make boots too. Popular in the military. If you are in a warm climate make sure you don’t get the gortex model. Very warm, I can only wear those in the winter. I would seriously consider finding a good shoe and then get a second pair to daily alternate. Protect your feet - wearing the same shoe everyday for weeks, and you will find that any shoes cushion will fail. Hope you find the perfect shoe, looks like you got some good advice above.

I was a Merrill guy till I tried Solomon. Both are great.

https://www.amazon.com/Salomon-Mens...843&refinements=p_89:Salomon&s=apparel&sr=1-2

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts