1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Patience.

Just got a GA Precision Thunder Ranch on order, and the wait is supposed to be about 6 months. Also on order is a March Tactical FFP 3-24x42 scope with FMA-1 illuminated reticle. This is going to be my first bolt action. I've been wanting one for a long time, since I don't have one in the safe. It's going to be used mostly as a range gun, but will also have hunting duty. I think this combination of rifle and scope will serve both purposes very well. I'm pretty excited about it! It's just suck to wait for it! But, it'll just help me continue to work on my patience, as if the other guns I have on order aren't helping enough with that... Guess I'll just have to drool over online pictures and the YouTube video of it being shot out to 1,000 yards. Been a while since I posted in this section of the forum, so I just figured I'd share my excitement. :)

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-2013-custom-rifles/ga-precision-the-thunder-ranch-rifle.html

http://marchscopes.com/tactical-3-24-x-42-ffp.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hHAJcHDHY

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Something to chuckle at when the waiting gets too much.

Hope when you finally get it that it's everything you hoped it would be and more.

·
Banned
12,388 Posts
For hunting, it's smart that your scope goes down to 3x.
Zoom in too much, it gets harder to get the animal
in the field of view, especially if it's moving.

Dang, that's a lotta cash, my friend! But you'll be happy. Good luck!

:)

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something to chuckle at when the waiting gets too much.

Hope when you finally get it that it's everything you hoped it would be and more.
:biglaugh:!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For hunting, it's smart that your scope goes down to 3x.
Zoom in too much, it gets harder to get the animal
in the field of view, especially if it's moving.

Dang, that's a lotta cash, my friend! But you'll be happy. Good luck!

:)
I only plan to get one bolt action. Figured get something already extremely accurate, and that can handle both duties well. If I got something that wasn't as accurate, I'd be longing for something more accurate. If I font something that could reach out to insane distances, I'd be wanting something that was easy to lug around in the woods also. If I got something that was really lightweight for hunting, I'd be wanting something heavier to absorb recoil at the range. I just thought this Thunder Ranch was a perfect compromise for my uses. But yeah, it's a chunk of money. I think it will be worth the price. :)

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm jealous. You'll be extremely pleased.
I've only read good things about GA Precision, so I don't think I'll be letdown in any way. I've watched all the Youtube videos they have posted, and they certainly build excellent products. Every time I watch one, I think to myself, "How can I justify getting one of those?" :bighlaugh: But the Thunder Ranch should cure all my desires. I like the size, accuracy, stock, colors, and, well, everything. :) I could deal without the Thunder Ranch branding, but that's fine. It'll just match my Les Baer Thunder Ranch. (Clint seems to market everywhere he can. lol)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts