1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If you'll check the topic about how LEO's feel about CCW permits, you'll find officers who have a problem with this are definitely in the minority. When a motorist informs me he has a permit and is armed, I merely remind them to keep their hands where I can see them, ask them where they are carrying the weapon and advise them not to SHOW me where :). Other than that, I show them the same courtesy afforded to any cooperative person I contact. Be nice, and I'll be nice.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If the officer truly said that under those conditions,he was out of line, and unprofessional, however, do not follow doublenaught's advice, as this sort of response will definitely NOT help the immediate situation, and you risk finding out just HOW unprofessional this guy really is. Use common sense, do as the officer tells you in the field and pursue proper avenues of remedy for misconduct at a later time, in the proper venue, if appropriate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.