1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Would you feel safe driving through Kentucky or Texas with New York State license plates on your car?
I'd feel a hell of a lot safer that way, than driving through NY with Texas plates... that's a target for fishing and search. (been there, done that)

·
Administrator
79,244 Posts
You don't even need to drive in a different state. Go through any rural town in WA and you'll feel perfectly safe. Drive into the leftist s***holes of Seattle or Tacoma and you'll literally be taking your life in your hands. That despite the fact that there are more gun owners per capita in the small towns.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I lived in the Northeast for 42 years before I could escape. Now I live in the South. In a very rural, mountainous, and conservative area of NC.

There's no comparison. It may as well be another planet. It's quiet, people are polite, just about everyone carries either concealed or open, the crime rate is virtually zero compared to the NE.

The air is fresh instead of smelling like exhaust fumes. At night it's DARK because there are no streetlights. Yet we have no problems with vandalism or theft, unlike up North.

During the night we listen to crickets, peepers and katydids rather than traffic noise and drunken bellowing neighbors.

When we see vehicles with plates from any of the Northern blue states or California, I'm always tempted to shout "Get the hell out of here!" at them.

Don't come to the South and ruin it by trying to turn it into that hellhole you left behind. If you have no intention of adapting to this way of life, then stay where you are.

At least the folks here have stopped referring to me as "That damned Yankee" :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
At times circumstances won't give people the choice in where they go and how they travel. In general there are pro's and con's with every state and people.

·
Registered
63 Posts
At times circumstances won't give people the choice in where they go and how they travel. In general there are pro's and con's with every state and people.
For my job I've traveled and worked all up and down the Eastern seaboard and Eastern half of the country. With a bit of work occasionally as far as Texas.

I prefer to be in the South. Naturally, others are allowed to their own opinions.

·
Registered
811 Posts
10 or so years ago I was delivering to Louisville. Traffic caused me to be late and the place was closed when I pulled in. I asked the 2 black women in the office if I could spend the night in their lot. They looked at each other for a while, one turned to me, a white MN guy, and said "you dont want to do that. You're a white boy". After laughing with them I thanked them for their honesty. These 2 helped me avoid trouble that no one needs.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'd feel a hell of a lot safer that way, than driving through NY with Texas plates... that's a target for fishing and search. (been there, done that)
The ONE and ONLY time I've driven through New York State, we got pulled over, for too much window tinting on our car's windows. Obviously, they were fishing for a chance to lock up a Kentuckian. You could see the dismay on the trooper's face when Iowered the window and he saw an old fat guy and his wife, headed for CT. to visit her daughter. He obviously thought he had a bootlegger hauling dope into the state (they think that about all southerners, though). I nipped any chance at a search in the bud. I was pissed and he could see that.
I gave the idiot a pretty hard time about it, too. Profiling, indeed. After proving it was our car, and our insurance was up-to-date, and our licenses were valid, he had to let us go. I absolutely refuse to ever revisit that pestilential hole again, for any reason.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I'd be more worried about getting shanghied to a shotgun wedding with a really ugly, inbred "birthing parent"!

• Haha
Reactions: Che
1 - 20 of 155 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.