1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
They walk around with AR-15s strapped to their backs.

Would you feel safe driving through Kentucky or Texas with New York State license plates on your car? – twitchy.com

There are some really confused, disturbed and ignorant people out there. I would feel much safer in any state that has a pro 2nd Amendment attitude than I would in any anti-gun, anti-self-defense states.

People living in their bubble listening to cnn and msnBS all day must be extraordinarily miserable.
I feel perfectly safe almost anywhere I go.....

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Recent pic of Flushing and Broadway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We do not travel through or to any state that doesn't have reciprocity with Utah. With that said, the short answer is "sorta". Kentucky yes, parts of Texas have become extensions of the **** hole folks from California and other blue states have turned them into moving there and bringing their politics with them. Dallas, Houston, Arlington, and Austin have areas that you'd confuse with Portland or Seattle if it wasn't so damn hot. Sadly even parts of Utah now "smell" like LA but the bastards haven't taken over yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I retired in 2013 and the first thing I did was move out of Kalifornia.

I got pulled over in Texas because I had Kalifornia plates on my vehicle.

It is possible that the LEO pulled me over because of the Kalifornia plates and my bumper sticker.

Font Crest Symbol Circle Logo

·
Registered
Randall Raider
45 Posts
Safe? Define. I am from NY, lived in Iowa and now AZ. Depending on one's politics, as long as you avoid politics and social issues, you'll be fine, but then again, you're just driving through.

·
Registered
Randall Raider
45 Posts
I'd feel a hell of a lot safer that way, than driving through NY with Texas plates... that's a target for fishing and search. (been there, done that)
NYS Troopers can be pricks and I can see that. I've never gotten off with a warning from them. If you get pulled over, generally speaking, you're getting a ticket of some sort.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's the LE policy in NY state. They know out of town folks tend to have firearms and/or are most likely to ignorantly come to NY with their firearm not knowing NY does not reciprocate constitutional rights.
Everybody should know by now that the smaller or more rural the area, the more the cops there will want to find out as much as they can about anybody who clearly doesn't belong. More than anything else, it's still your attitude when stopped that determines how the encounter will go.

Reactions: Bahn of the Sun

·
Registered
Several
78 Posts
As the story goes, "An out-of-state driver crossed over the Oklahoma/Texas state line into Texas. A few miles later a Highway Patrol officer pulled him over, informing the driver he was travelling 11 mph over the 70 mpg limit. The driver rolled down his window, immediately produced his DL and his license to carry a firearm, and said, "Officer I'm not carrying a weapon." To which the officer replied, "Why not?" With a friendly warning about not speeding unless it's just to keep up with the traffic, the officer sent the driver on his way."

·
Registered
354 Posts
The only people you need to be afraid of when driving with out of state plates are the cops and the hood rats, and that’s universal to every state.

Reactions: BlueMac

·
Registered
481 Posts
Years ago I knew a guy who parked his pickup on Capitol Hill in Seattle, and when he came back to it hours later the windows were smashed and tires slashed. He was pretty sure the pro-2A stickers he had all over the back of it were the reason.
'Think that would have happened in Fremont or in Ballard?

·
Registered
Several
78 Posts
Goldwings posted, "Austin has been a "Yankee" destination for several decades. It was a cool town in the early eighties when I served at Bergstrom AFB back then." Actually not true. Austin is trying to be a mini-San Francisco. And this started in the 1960s (I was attending UT-Austin then) when the Marxist-following SDS (which stood for Students for a Democratic Society, but which sound like a morphed sexually transmitted disease) took over UT's sociology department. Most famous SDS backer? Then-UT student body president and now Austin's current US Congressman Lloyd Doggett. He's in his 70s now, and as radical as ever. Scratch off Pelosi and replace with Doggett and this image conveys my feelings about the honorable Mr. Doggett.
Hairstyle White Cartoon Organ Product

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wonder how many Texas plates are driving around New York? That would scare the hell out of me.
Well, to be honest. I just took a class on fake temp tags. New York had a news release they showed us in the class on the PowerPoint that their biggest issue with temporary tags is from Texas lol.
We have a lot of fake tags here. Very hard to manage.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Anyways, no one really cares how it’s
done where you came from.
I'm reminded that during my extensive travels through Dixie (in the '80s and '90s) I saw lots of bumperstickers that said "We don't care how you do it in New York!"

BTW, I'm a native of NYC and have never tried to conceal that. But during most of my travels I had a van with Oregon or Missouri plates. I never felt I was targeted, even on back roads or small towns. Strangely, with Oregon plates, a lot of folks thought I was from Georgia; even though the plates were a completely different color, apparently there are a lot of folks with dyslexia who see "Oregon" and read it as "Georgia"!

(For more than a decade I was an exhibitor at mostly hunting and fishing shows throughout the South. Folks I actually interacted with -- and who knew of my NYC background -- would sometimes call me a Damn Yankee or a carpetbagger, but always with a big smile -- and of course I smiled right back! I never felt unwelcome, and more than once I was told that they appreciated that I wasn't one of those Damn Yankees "who come down here and Y'all us to death"!)

Reactions: keith44spl
101 - 120 of 155 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.