1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The delimma is that I like the looks of the Fusion pretty much,and the personal attention the owners appear to get from them.Right now the only way I could swing it would be to trade or/sell one of my Wilsons. or get a increadable deal from Fusion I sure wish someone near me would get one I could check out.I love the Wilsons ,the way they shoot,feel and the amazing customer service.I would be sick if I dumped a Wilson ,and then found out I didnt like the Fusion 1911.Anyone here have both they could compare?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not going to dump on Fusion at all, as I'm sure they build a quality 1911. I've considered getting one myself, but a semi-custom 1911 isn't in my immediate future, financially speaking. I don't have any experience with Fusion, but they seem to build good guns for a good price.

Going just on monetary value alone, the Wilson (when new) is worth about twice what a new Fusion goes for. Also, a Wilson is going to have higher resale value based solely on name recognition. If the Fusion appeals to you that much, go for it, but realize that you would getting the losing end of the trade.

My advice to you is to save for a few months to buy the Fusion, or maybe sell something(s) that you don't have as much attachment to as your Wilson.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The Wilson warranty follows the gun.......not sure about Fusion......

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
I would keep the Wilson for sure. I have seen a lot of buzz about them here on the Fusion Board, I mean "Other 1911's," and while most owners are happy, Wilson Combat can't be beat all around IMHO. Time to start eating Top Ramen and raisins....

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'd keep the Wilson- the Fusion's look nice- I haven't seen one in person yet, but considering the financial loss you'd take if you traded the Wilson in, and considering that Fusion is still somewhat of an unknown in terms of quality, customer service, etc, it isn't worth it to dump the Wilson. Wilson is of known very high quality, customer service, longevity, etc.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You'd be a fool to dump you Wilson for a re-named Dan Wesson!!
Huh? Fusion and DW are not the same thing. DW was essentially a production gun shop. Fusion is essentially a custom shop - they told me any component I wanted was fair game when I ordered mine.

My Fusion has yet to arrive, and I have no opinion on it other than that the ordering process was professional. I like Wilson. I would not sell my CQB to buy another gun. But I think what you're saying borders on misinformation in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Huh? Fusion and DW are not the same thing. DW was essentially a production gun shop. Fusion is essentially a custom shop - they told me any component I wanted was fair game when I ordered mine.

My Fusion has yet to arrive, and I have no opinion on it other than that the ordering process was professional. I like Wilson. I would not sell my CQB to buy another gun. But I think what you're saying borders on misinformation in my opinion.
It is not misinformation. He is refering to the fact that Serva used to own Dan Wesson.

ranburr

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
As you have stated, you have other Wilsons and are not parting with a proven carry gun.

You seem to be wanting to expand your collection based on the looks of the Fusion.
I see no reason not to trade, if that's what you want.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't do it...you will regret letting go of your Wilson. If you really have the desire for a Fusion, I would suggest you save a bit and wait. I trade /buy /sell a lot, sometimes too furiously, but never will sell or trade any Wilson I have.

Thanks,
Jess

1 - 15 of 15 Posts