1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheesh... why do I do this to myself? Ok; my local shop has a new Defender. I loved the way it felt in my hand. Now, it looks like if I want it bad enough, something's gonna have to go. (If I hadn't put that old Hi Power on layaway last week... but I'm glad I did.) I can't get rid of my Combat Elite or my Anaconda. That leaves my '76 Combat Commander. Would you go for the Defender, if it meant bye-bye, Commander?

Mikey

·
Registered
141 Posts
Keep the 70 series Commander..use the plastic for the Defender...you`ll have it paid off in 6 months and still have your Commander..

·
Administrator
74,628 Posts
No! The Defender isn't that hard to find. Another one will pop up later when you have the cash. Good pre-Series 80 Combat Commanders are VERY hard to find. I know, as I searched high and low for one over a couple of years before finally giving up and getting a Series 80 instead.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Steelharp.....
Sit down, take a deep breath, relax. Doesn't that feel better? Seriously, don't let your Commander go. You'll be sorry a few days later. Lots of Defenders to pick from.
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. I feel much better now, thanks to a good dose of brains from y'all. She ain't goin' anywhere...

Mikey

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Never trade anything you really, really, like if you can't replace it. Defenders are replaceable, 70 series Commanders are not (at least not without a lot of time and money to find one).

·
Registered
703 Posts
Good advice from the others and I agree, don't get rid of the Commander!

------------------
If it wasn't for the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!

·
Registered
65 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Don't do it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts