Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a spin off from HP for SD.

Most Hollowpoints, do a very good job of killing, (depeands a lot on caliber).
Most Hardball (FMJ), do a better job of wounding.

Anyway they both "Stop the Bad Guy" and that is what most of us want to do, IF we have to.

In the military, you are NOT allowed to carry Hollowpoint Ammo, WHY?

And now that the U.S. has changed to the 9x19mm, all of NATO uses the same 9x19mm FMJ in their side arms. The 9x19mm FMJ will wound a soldier well enough to take him out of action and is now the most widely used "Military" handgun cartridge in the world.

BUT it also wounds better, and that is all it has to do, wound one soldier - you have taken out one or more to care for the wounded and that's now 2 or more out of action.

In LE, you need to wound the "Bad Guy" (not kill him) so as to be able to have him stand trial and hopefuly spend time in jail. The Police Officer is not to be the Judge, Jury or Execitoner.

In Self-Defense, we are looking at a Life and Death Ordeal. It is your life or family that is in danger and the Police are not yet there to help you. Your ammo HAS to do the job it was made for - "Stopping the Bad Guy" and in most cases that means to kill him.

If you shoot someone in Self-Defense you will have a lot of qustions to answer. And some DA may make you out to be the "Bad Guy" with the "Custom Made Pistol" loaded with your own home made "Killer Bulliets."

For this reason I feel it is better to use a "Stock Pistol" loaded with "Off the Shelf" Ammo. If my life or that of a Famliy Members will depeand on what I have - It will be the best Pistol I can buy, loaded with the best Ammo to do the job.

And what about being Sued by the guy you shot, that was in your house UNINVITED, You know what about HIS Civil Rights? And this has happened!

Wounding vs. Killing? I don't ever want to have to shoot anyone, let alone kill them. But I will do whatever it takes to STOP them.

------------------
Molon Labe!

[This message has been edited by Frank Sottile (edited 06-18-2001).]

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey guys, I am going to move this to Tactics & Personal Defense. It might be a little better suited for that forum.

Thanks.

------------------
"Of those that will penetrate, the edge is always with the bigger bullet."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.