1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is nothing more than a shameless praise to the new Ruger CMD I recently acquired. I have owned four different 1911 platforms ranging from a Springfield A1 GI, Rock Island compact, Taurus PT and down to a very pricey Springfield Micro Compact loaded model. This gun to me has a higher quality build upon inspection then any of them. I could not ask for more for the price. 100% accurate and very impressive tolerance specs. Great trigger right out of the box and FINALLY a unitized plunger tube right out of the box (staked has forever made me nervous) And not at all picky about the ammo. I ran 230 FMJ's and a variety of HP's down the pipe with zero and I mean zero failures. I am looking forward to seeing how much this gun can really take but only time and rounds down range will really tell. I could go on and on about how impressed I am with this gun (and I am very picky) I hope everyone who owns one has the same positive impressions that I had. I honestly have not seen many of these around and now consider myself lucky to have come across one. Long and short, I love this gun!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought one today too at a gun show in Louisville. Best price I have seen. $647 so I decided to pull the trigger on her. I already own the full size. Can't wait to shoot her.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I got this one last February. I have four Colt Commanders but it takes a lot of effort to not take this one every time I go to the range.

·
Registered
23,227 Posts
Have had mine since Jan. of this year. Love it. Bought it some new grips off the Ruger web site. It has been 100% with all the ammo I have stuffed in it; 200gr SWC cast, to 200gr and 230gr HPs, and of course it likes 230gr FMJs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said im really looking forward to putting some more abuse on it. I think literally the only thing I would change is the grips. I tend to like those personalized a little more. The standard grips it came with are nice don't get me wrong but there are nicer ones out there more to my taste. I may even go as far as throwing a nice coat of Tactical Flat Black Duracoat. I have used it on my pistols in the past with great success. But all in all at the end of the day it is perfect the way it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree! But it is a great 1911 platform to personalize. I decided on the all-stainless look for mine....

Nice job, that's how Ruger should have made it in the first place.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is nothing more than a shameless praise to the new Ruger CMD I recently acquired. I have owned four different 1911 platforms ranging from a Springfield A1 GI, Rock Island compact, Taurus PT and down to a very pricey Springfield Micro Compact loaded model. This gun to me has a higher quality build upon inspection then any of them. I could not ask for more for the price. 100% accurate and very impressive tolerance specs. Great trigger right out of the box and FINALLY a unitized plunger tube right out of the box (staked has forever made me nervous) And not at all picky about the ammo. I ran 230 FMJ's and a variety of HP's down the pipe with zero and I mean zero failures. I am looking forward to seeing how much this gun can really take but only time and rounds down range will really tell. I could go on and on about how impressed I am with this gun (and I am very picky) I hope everyone who owns one has the same positive impressions that I had. I honestly have not seen many of these around and now consider myself lucky to have come across one. Long and short, I love this gun!
I agree. This is my first 1911 (I tried a S&W, Remington & Sig). I just like the way the Ruger CMD fits me.

It is not brand new, but only a month old with about 100 rds through it, so it is "new" to me. Came with two extra 8rd Wilson Combat mags, Hogue grip, and holster. Plus, it was local to me, so no real driving around to purchase/transfer. Haven't been to the range with it, but am looking forward to getting there this week.

I'm planning on adding a set of Heinie Straight Eight Night Sights.....just might have to see if Santa can work some magic for me.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you purchase SS parts or buff off the black oxide from the OE parts?

prs

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did you purchase SS parts or buff off the black oxide from the OE parts?

prs
Purchased stainless replacement parts (slide stop, thumb safety, mainspring housing, mag catch, pin set, and grip screws) from Wilson Combat. Then I had the factory grip safety, hammer w/ strut, extractor, and ejector hard chromed by Metaloy.

·
Banned
1,341 Posts
Any of you tested the factory trigger weight?

4 pounds, 5 pounds, 6 pounds?

Had one, then foolishly traded it. Now I want another.

But I also love my Remington Carrys.

But the SR1911 is the best 1911 for the money! To get the same appointments in other gunmakers' models, you have to skip right past the GI ones and go
up another notch and a half or two in pricing, the notches being $100 each.

I'll be interested to see if Ruger has any surprises come the SHOT Show regarding its 1911.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Mine (Post #4) is 3lb, 12oz, after six or seven hundred rounds. I didn't have a scale until recently.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I have mine in a holster on my duty vest (Velcro'ed) It is one of three of my most accurate 1911's. The other two are a CMD SS Colt 1911 and Officers 1911 in SS.

Good choice! No excellent choice!!!:eek:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love mine, been on my hip all day everyday after it got put thru some hard use making sure I could trust it.
My trigger was right at 4 pounds when I got it, it's down a little now, I did a little polishing, I will put it right at 4 again after I get the Harrison ignition set with a TR sear.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome feedback. Nickb how do you like that Wilson grip texture addition? Beautiful gun btw

1 - 20 of 29 Posts