1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I am out at the store, and browsing the magazine section, as usual, and I run across a magazine titled "The Complete Book of the 1911". It's put out by Guns and Ammo Magazine, and I am sure most of you have seen it by now.

I don't even have to see what articles are in a magazine titled like that, I just know I'm going to buy it. Eye candy. Gotta love it. Although I can't remember a time I paid that much money for a magazine that didn't include nudity! :biglaugh: They did have some good reviews, including a comparison of the "Pocket-Size .45s". The Kimber Ultra CDP II was in there.

So then....

The same day I bought the magazine, my wife brings home the DVD movie SWAT. I have seen the movie before, and liked it. (Up until my son was born 2 years ago, I was an active SWAT/SRT member...so I like them kinds of movies. Although I won't go into its accuracies or inaccuracies here) Anyway....in the special features section...they show you the weapons used by LAPD SWAT, and lo and behold there is a section on the Kimber Custom II. Cool. Since I am a recent TLE/RL owner...this was really cool. They go into a little of the history and such....same stuff you read all over about the LAPD gun. Then they fire it for you.

Anyway...I have been in 1911 heaven for a week now, and just thought I would share the bliss. If you haven't checked out any of the above...you can't say its my fault...can you?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I read it cover to cover

............at work:D It really is a great mag. I especially liked the section on the 1911 in combat. They were all seperate true stories of the 1911 (along with the soldier operating it) distinguishing itself it every war since WWI to present. Although I have read some of the the accounts before. I still get chills when I read of the heroism of Sgt. York which is outlined in the mag. I highly recomend it. :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts