1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, some may remember that I was in here digging for sources to write a pro conceal and carry college english paper a few weeks back. I just got it back today. My prof had been skeptical (in a good natured way) about my topic, but when he handed my paper back to me this morning he smiled and said "You got lucky, this morning I was moved to raise your grade while watching the news." My paper went from a solid B to an A- because he saw a story about an off duty police officer who used a concealed handgun to save some people in a shopping mall. I guess I can't bash the media so much anymore.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats, but that's bullsh!t on the professor's part. Unless your sources or concepts were weak, he shouldn't be using his personal opinion to be judging your content. If the paper is well written, I don't care if the topic is about fly crap, as long as the criteria and requirements are met properly, the grade should reflect accordingly. I get tired of teachers/profs judging content on whether it's right or wrong using their own personal judgment and opinions rather than just grading the grammer/spelling/formatting/etc.

Does he get piss poor evaluations because students don't care for his opinion or outlook?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah its a little bit of bull****, but that's kind of the nature of the beast. The best I can figure is that he thought I was a little out there in stating more guns = less crime since he's kind of a typical sheep on the subject, and seeing the news story may have changed his mind on the validity of my statements. Its a typical miss conception we see all the time that people think our logic is a falicy, but at least now he's one step closer to being an ally in our cause.

·
Registered
577 Posts
miss conception?

If that's a new beauty pagent, I'll bet it can't be on network TV.

You get a C-

Reid

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I don't have my roomate proof read my posts like I do for my paper's.

Good thing your not my prof:rofl:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It's amazing that the people who push "critical thinking" the hardest the least able or willing to apply it to their own views. Yup - that's the college experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts