1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw in Gun's & Ammo that STI is not going to sell guns in CA anymore because of microstamping.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Makes sense. Why should a custom gun mfg try to comply with a ridiculous law for what probably represents a small percentage of their business?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Makes sense. Why should a custom gun mfg try to comply with a ridiculous law for what probably represents a small percentage of their business?
I was talking to a friend at STI and it's not that small a percentage of revenue. It's going to cost STI a lot of $$$, but you need to go to their website and read the news blurb about it. They simply said enough is enough. From microstamping, where does it go from there? My hat's off to STI, and I'm a customer now. They are one of the few companies that have refuse to butcher up a well designed weapon to make the legal maggots happy, and because of that, I'll support them anyway I can and that includes buying their product.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm for everyone cutting them off. Let the cops recycle and use the guns the get off of the bad guys. When it gets bad enough, maybe the legislators in that third world country will get their heads out of that dark orifice that have them in..

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't call it commi-fornia for nothing.What do you expect when you have the friggin terminator in office there.Oh well enough blabbering.Sti get's praise from me on that the hell with the money they lose from it,people will still buy the pieces out of state of ftf with other people and get them if they want to.
There is no reason to butcher this design up anymore then it is now,I'd love to hear what mr browning would have to say about all of this

·
Registered
168 Posts
I read their letter on their website earlier. They mention how they are hopeing that other manufacturers will join them in not bowing down to Calif. laws.

My thoughts on this are athat on one hand, screw Calif. and stop selling there. On the other hand if all the manufacturers pull out, the Legislators will get what they want, no weapons in Calif.

·
Registered
500 Posts
...and that is exactly what the governing body wishes to accomplish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts