1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!
How else can I describe the day at the range. I deflowered my first 45 cal. 1911 Les Baer and WOW! I finally was able to take my new Premier II to the range to start the break-in process. Not knowing what to expect, I went to a private area at my outdoor range and set up my targets. I put my table at approximately 20 yds and sat down and began my attempt to put 500 rounds through this baby. I did get 250 rounds through her before going to the range office to pick up some more ammo and a diet Coke. I then decided to try the public 15 yd section at my range. 50 rounds later and the center of the target was history. I had to answer questions from the other shooters who were much impressed with the way this pistol worked.

My only problem was my thumbs are now in pain from loading the mags. I was lucky to have gone and picked up 2 additional mags this morning before heading to the range.
Bottom line, this gun makes me look like a professional shooter, WOW! I’ll be back out tomorrow putting another 200 round thru her.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got out today as well. :rock:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
That was my reaction the first time I pulled the trigger on my Stinger too...it punched a hole right through the X at 15 yards.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats on your new baby. It is really a pleasure breaking in any Baer. My TRS purrs with each round after the 500 break in.
ENJOY
:biglaugh:
istricky

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Second week at the range and hard to believe that this PII 45 out shoots my Glock 34 9mm at the 15 yard range. Much more accurate and my G34 is pretty accurate!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Second week at the range and hard to believe that this PII 45 out shoots my Glock 34 9mm at the 15 yard range. Much more accurate and my G34 is pretty accurate!
Holy Crikey! You mean to tell me that a Les Baer 1911 out shoots a Glock??? WHo KNEW?

Just playin with ya. Congrats on a fine, fine pistol. As stated above, they really do get better with age. Not more accurate, just smoother and become your best friend.

Thanks for the report.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts