Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
13,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like your Ruger Wrangler ?
Is the finish holding up ?

We've sold about 90 since July . Not hearing any complaints so far so that's positive . Hoping they eventually add an upgraded model with adj rear sight and wood grips .

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Do you like your Ruger Wrangler ?
Is the finish holding up ?

We've sold about 90 since July . Not hearing any complaints so far so that's positive . Hoping they eventually add an upgraded model with adj rear sight and wood grips .
Then you're getting into Single Six territory but knowing Ruger and their propensity for offering multiple versions of a product, it wouldn't surprise me.

·
Administrator
13,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback .

You're right , they're known for multiple versions . As the base models are still in short supply we may not see new variations until down the road .

Wood grips aren't too costly . The rear sight would be more of a challenge due to the top strap contour .
I think they could still turn out a "target" Wrangler for maybe $100 more than the std .

·
Registered
162 Posts
I really like mine. The finish has held up just fine but its only been a range gun for me. Its pretty accurate and has fired any 22 ammo I have used with zero problems.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I say don't bother with the rear adjust sight.

I bought a Ruger single six conv. 22/22mag a couple of years ago w adjust rear sight and the thing is terrible inaccurate.
One of the worst shooting revolvers I have ever owned.

Plus the blue is so thin it wore off after a few months of holster use.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I say don't bother with the rear adjust sight.

I bought a Ruger single six conv. 22/22mag a couple of years ago w adjust rear sight and the thing is terrible inaccurate.
One of the worst shooting revolvers I have ever owned.

Plus the blue is so thin it wore off after a few months of holster use.
I traded into a single six several years ago. It was not accurate at all. I contacted Ruger and they had me ship it back to them.

When I got it back the issue had been resolved. The revolver is now very accurate. And it did not cost me any money. And I told them that I bought it used. That did not matter. I am happy with Ruger.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I think it would be fun to buy one and get a slick set of grips. But the grip fit is confusing. Can tell what grips match.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got one for my son for Christmas. Took it to the range yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. Took a minute to get used to the rear sight, but once I did, it was pretty accurate.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I really like mine. I like the grips, the sights and the finish is holding up well. The only thing it really needs is a 10 round cylinder.

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
I saw one for the first time yesterday at a gun show.

Damn......no wonder they sell for $160.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Gun shop near me had a couple for that. I didn't like the finish so I bought a used Single Six for 250.00. Even tho it does have adjustable sights on it.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts

Yeah, there's a reason it sells for less. I guess they do seem to be somewhat popular but I've yet to see any flattering pictures of this gun yet to even make me consider one. It may very well function just fine as one would expect from Ruger but lower cost rarely means it's going to look very good. Maybe if I were in the market for a lower priced option I might chose it over a Heritage Rough Rider but frankly I would rather pay more for something that looks a bit nicer like a Single Ten or Single Six.

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
$5 over wholesale is a good price . That dealer's in the wrong business .
That was a guy with a table at the OGCA show. He had 4 of them, all NIB. Who knows what he paid for them.

·
Administrator
13,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know what he paid if he bought from a distributor . He's wasting his time . Must need the cash or something .

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Just out of curiosity let me ask this. If you were in the market for a knockaround .22 single action in this sub-$200 price range would you pick the Heritage in .22 LR only running around $130 or the Ruger Wrangler at $183 (price at Ky Gun Online at the moment)?

The Wrangler is obviously intended to compete against the Rough Rider. So for those who have seen or handled both, which would you choose? Why?

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Just out of curiosity let me ask this. If you were in the market for a knockaround .22 single action in this sub-$200 price range would you pick the Heritage in .22 LR only running around $130 or the Ruger Wrangler at $183 (price at Ky Gun Online at the moment)?

The Wrangler is obviously intended to compete against the Rough Rider. So for those who have seen or handled both, which would you choose? Why?
I'd spend another $25 and pick up a used Single Six. Plenty of them around for $225.

Seriously. I think the Wrangler is just about the cheapest looking POS ever put up for sale by a reputable company. If I was a Ruger sales rep, I'd be embarrassed to try and sell those things.

But that's just my opinion. Clearly if Olde English sold 90 of em...... somebody's buying em.

·
Administrator
13,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a pretty harsh assessment .

Being a retailer I tend to look at most guns as a product and personally think the Wrangler is good addition to the Ruger line . New Single Six's are north of $500 and not selling . The Wrangler get's a new Ruger into the hands of a customer that otherwise may not have ever owned one . They're taking a market share from Heritage , cutting into their customer base . The Wrangler guy then may make his next gun a Ruger too .

We've had zero Wrangler complaints mechanical or otherwise and the cerekote finish is evenly applied .
The Heritage is a good buy too . Mechanically sound but the finish is noticeably "thin" but not awful . Also many options to choose from .

The Wrangler count is now 103 .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.