1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to have a IPSC Limited gun built and would like to know first of all how hard chroming looks like?

Can someone please post or point me to site that will have a picture.

Are they all chrome like finish as the name states or they can also be done on Blue/Matte finish?

Are they worth the extra money or are there any other recommendations.

Thaks in advance.

ASR

·
Registered
731 Posts
Taste is subjective. You may like the way hard chrome looks. I, for one, think that hard chrome is the first (and most essential) element for a pimp gun. If you like it, who cares what anybody else thinks. If not, I've heard great things about Robar (black finish, though). I love the look of stainless, and found it to be very durable.

Billy Ray

·
Super Moderator
739 Posts
ASR,

My sight has a bunch of pictures of chrome plated guns. Chrome will not change the underlying finish - if it is bright and shiny the chrome will be bright and shiny, satin, the chrome will be satin, etc. Chrome will make the gun resistant to rust and scratching and makes it easier to clean and the slide to frame fit will last longer.

------------------
Bob Londrigan
Brazos Custom Gunworks
254-622-2245
http://www.brazoscustom.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
Billy Ray, What do you mean by pimp gun,
i realy dont know? Is it just flashy like
most cop showes now,like nash bridges ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hard chromes from different sources are different. My Kimber was hard chromed by
Tripp research; it has a bright silvery look that is very attractive. My Baer was done by metalloy and has a duller, greyer look. Try to see pictures of exactly the kind of hard chrome you're considering.

------------------
Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill

·
Super Moderator
7,941 Posts
All my IPSC and IDPA guns are hard chromed. But, they don’t look like pimp guns or a Buick bumper. I just grit blasted them with a real course media and shipped them out.

A good chrome job looks just like stainless. To me anyway. Send your gun to Tripp and you won’t regret it.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

1 - 7 of 7 Posts